The Utah Humanities Council's 20th annual Human Ties Awards will be presented on Saturday, Sept. 20, at the Rose Wagner Center for the Performing Arts, 138 W. Broadway.
A reception in the Rose Room at 6 p.m. will be followed by the awards presentation at 7:30 p.m. in the Jeanne Wagner Theater.
The event is free and open to the public, but RSVPs are due today, Sept. 12, by phone, 359-9670 or e-mail [email protected].
Honorees will be:
• The Right Rev. Carolyn Tanner Irish will receive the Governor's Award in the Humanities for her scholarly and community work in religion and philosophy.
• Kent Murdock and the O.C. Tanner Company will receive the Friends of the Humanities Award for their long record of support for the humanities throughout the state and beyond.
• The University of Utah Tanner Humanities Center, also celebrating its 20th anniversary, will receive the Humanities Partnership Award.
• The Ogden Valley Branch Library in Huntsville will receive a Human Ties Award for "Hunger: Exploring a Human Condition."
• The Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society will receive a Human Ties Award for "Wisdom of Our Years."
• The Alliance for the Varied Arts in Logan will receive a Human Ties Award for "Weavings of War, Fabric of Memory."
For more information, go to: www.utahhumanities.org.