It's back, for the sixth consecutive year.
The Downtown Dine O'Round takes place Friday through Sept. 27, with 31 Salt Lake restaurants offering bargains to lure you to their tables.
The restaurants offer a three-course, fixed-price dinner for either $15 or $30 per person. Some will also offer a fixed-price lunch for $10.
Two new eateries on board this year are Tucanos Brazilian Grill and Iggy's. The Metropolitan, which has previously only been open for dinner, is using the Dine O'Round to launch a daily lunch menu. For those who always wanted to hang out at the Met but didn't think they could afford it, here's your chance.
At the end of the Dine O'Round, there will also be a prize drawing for 31 dinners-for-two one from each of the participating restaurants. Entry blanks are available at the restaurants.
Dine O'Round organizers want to learn the public's impression of the event and have posted a short survey at www.dineoround.com. Those who respond are eligible to win dining gift certificates.
Here are some tips to get the most from your Dine O'Round experience:
• For phone numbers and addresses of individual restaurants, log on to www.dineoround.com or call 359-5118.
• Drinks, tips and tax aren't included in the price.
• The price is only good for the Dine O'Round special, although many restaurants offer two or more entree choices. Check www.dineoround.com or call the individual restaurant ahead of time to find out the special. Otherwise, you might get there, realize the entree is something you don't like and end up ordering from the regular menu at the regular price.
• Ask if you'll need reservations, especially if you're going with a large group. Some places don't take reservations, but they also tend to fill up quickly during the Dine O'Round. You might want go a little earlier or later to avoid the lunch or dinner rush.
• Some of the participants (such as New Yorker and Oyster Bar) are private clubs for members.
• Don't forget to ask, or look for, an entry blank to enter the prize drawing. Your server may forget to tell you about it.
Restaurants offering a $30 three-course dinner: Acme Burger Company, Al Forno's Ristorante, Bambara, Baxters American Restaurant, Caffe Molise, Christopher's Seafood and Steakhouse, Faustina, Garden Restaurant at Temple Square, I Love Sushi, Market Street Grill, Market Street Oyster Bar, Martine, Melting Pot, Metropolitan, New Yorker, Oasis Cafe, Spencers for Steaks and Chops, Takashi, Thaifoon Taste of Asia, Tin Angel and Vienna Bistro.
Restaurants offering a $15 three-course dinner: Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano, Cedars of Lebanon, Iggy's, Lamb's Grill Cafe, Lazy Dog Pizzeria, McGrath's Fish House, Sage's Cafe, Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana, Squatters Pub Brewery and Tucano's Brazilian Grill.Restaurants serving a two-course lunch for $10: Acme Burger Company, Al Forno's Ristorante, Caffe Molise, Christopher's Seafood and Steakhouse, Faustina, Market Street Grill, Market Street Oyster Bar, Metropolitan, New Yorker, Spencers for Steaks and Chops, Tin Angel, Vienna Bistro, Cedars of Lebanon, Iggy's, Lamb's Grill Cafe, McGrath's Fish House, Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana and Squatters Pub Brewery.