1 of 2
Michael Brandy, Deseret News

The Lorenzo D. Young home at 47 E. South Temple in Salt Lake City, left, was built in 1848. One of the first dwellings built outside the city forts, it was constructed of adobe from clay on the banks of the Jordan River. The church administration building has stood on the site since 1917 and currently houses offices of the Quorum of the Twelve.