Some highlights of Pioneer Village's not-to-be-missed features:
• Carriage Hall has a stagecoach that Lagoon originally built to haul passengers around the park. The house also contains various wagons and carriages such as a children's hearse, covered wagon, ice wagon and almost every type of wheeled vehicle used at the turn of the century.
One carriage was owned by William Stanton, the controversial secretary of war for President Abraham Lincoln from 1862 to 1867.
There's a reproduction of a Mormon handcart in the exhibit. (No actual original handcarts are left in the world.)
• Wanship Cabin was the first two-story building in Summit County. It is from the 1870s. Especially note the wooden rocking chair from 1847 featuring the faces of Joseph and Hyrum Smith, LDS Church leaders, carved in the back.
• Circus Tent building is Lagoon's bright, colorful red and blue exhibit that contains a large miniature replica of a turn-of-the-century to World War II circus.
• Old Kaysville Train Station sits at the south end of the village. Model trains grace its interior.
• Governor Dern Livery Stable and Telephone Pioneers of Utah building: Former Utah Governor George H. Dern's 1885 carriage house now houses old telephone equipment and displays.