Dear Heloise: I was just reading about the woman who uses her digital camera to take pictures of items in various stores. I used mine recently when visiting a very large fair. I was with my daughter and her infant. Parking was plentiful, but it was a long way to walk. Light posts had letters on them so you would know what row you were parked in. I was a little concerned that after a long day, with temperatures around 90 degrees, we would not remember where we had parked, so I took a picture of the letter on the post, along with the row, so we wouldn't be wandering around later with aching feet and a crying baby. Carol Charbonneau, Wolcott, Conn.
Carol, fab hint! This would be good when vacationing families go to theme parks, too. Heloise
Dear Readers: There are many uses for our good old standby shampoo. Here are a few for you to consider:
• When traveling, shampoo can be used instead of laundry detergent.
• It's a great way to launder delicate hand-washables.
• Works as a cleanser on the sink, tub and shower walls to remove soap film and dirt (note: Mix a little baking soda with the shampoo when extra scrubbing is needed).
• Can be used as a body wash.
• Baby shampoo makes a good bubble bath.
• Serves as a laundry pretreatment for stains or ring around the collar.
• It's a good substitute for dishwashing liquid when hand-washing dishes. Heloise
Dear Heloise: I love to color-code socks. My husband and I have a few pairs of socks that are the same brand and color. I baste a little dot of pink thread at the cuff of mine so we can sort them easily.Dear Heloise: My complaint is businesses (doctor's offices, vets, shops, etc.) that don't pay attention to a customer when you walk in. I get a "hello" and then am ignored. They don't say, "Working on your order," "getting your file" or anything. I am just left to stand or sit there wondering what's going on. How would they feel if I walked in and just stared at them or sat down and ignored them? Grumpy in Texas
Send a great hint to: Heloise, P.O. Box 795000, San Antonio, TX 78279-5000, fax: 1-210-HELOISE, e-mail: [email protected] .com © King Features Syndicate Geraldine Mann, San Diego
© King Features Syndicate Geraldine Mann, San Diego