ST. GEORGE — Firefighters were called out to extinguish a blaze at the Washington County Attorney's Office.

The fire happened Wednesday morning in the women's restroom of the prosecutor's office. Washington County Attorney Brock Belnap said an exhaust fan caught fire.

"It actually made quite a bit of smoke," Belnap said.

The building was evacuated while the smoke was cleared. Fire investigators told Belnap the fan was old and designed for a residential structure and likely overheated. The county attorney's office is just the latest incarnation for the building, Belnap said.

"It used to be a furniture store, and it was even a disco at one time," he said. "The county has sort of remodeled it on the interior as the county has grown."