An 11-year-old boy who was injured by homemade fireworks is out of surgery, hospital officials said Tuesday.
"They tell me the surgery went well," Primary Children's Medical Center spokeswoman Bonnie Midget said Tuesday.
Bridger Hunt remains in critical, but stable, condition. His leg has not been amputated at this point, as some had feared.
Hunt was riding his bicycle in a Lehi neighborhood when a neighbor's homemade firework exploded, sending metal shards through the boy. The man who made the firework was burned in the blast.