Recommendations for improving services and amending a state statute regarding the Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind are being sought through a series of hearings and written comments.
Hearings are scheduled from late July through the first week in August:
• July 29, 7-9 p.m., Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired offices, 250 N. 1950 West, Salt Lake City
• July 31, 7-9 p.m., Sanderson Community Center, 5709 S. 1500 West, Salt lake City
• Aug. 4, 7-9 p.m., Iron County School District, 2077 West Royal Hunte Drive, Cedar City.
• Aug. 5, 6:30-8:30 p.m., south boardroom, state Office of Education, 250 E. 500 South, Salt Lake City
• Aug. 6, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Eccles Conference Center, 2415 Washington Blvd., Ogden
• Aug. 7, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Eccles Conference Center, 2415 Washington Blvd., Ogden
Written comments may be faxed to 801-538-7991, attention Karl Wilson. Comments may also be mailed to Utah State Office of Education, 250 E. 500 South, P.O. Box 144200, Salt Lake City, UT, 84114-4200