Fourteen new patents were awarded to Utah inventors on June 10:
• Panel bracket system. Lawrence G. Meyers, Layton. Assigned to Ebbe America LC, Clearfield. Filed Oct. 13, 2004. Patent No. 7,383,670.
• Adjustable blind for oddly shaped windows. Danelle Larsen, Riverton. Filed Feb. 19, 2005, a continuation-in-part of Application No. 10/929,005, filed Aug. 27, 2004. Patent No. 7,383,870.
• Impact excavation system and method with particle separation. Gordon Allen Tibbitts, Murray. Assigned to Particle Drilling Technologies Inc., Houston. Filed Aug. 16, 2005, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,383,896.
• Rollover protection for motor vehicles. Brent A. Parks, Englewood, Colo.; Heath Knight-Newbury, Brighton, Great Britain; David Parkinson, Ogden. Assigned to Autoliv ASP Inc., Ogden. Filed Jan. 6, 2006. Patent No. 7,384,067.
• System for lifting various objects in a vehicle. C. Martin Rasmussen, Fruit Heights. Assigned to Lippert Components Inc., Goshen, Ind. Filed June 6, 2006, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,384,093.
• Attack tool. David R. Hall, Ronald Crockett, Jeff Jepson, all of Provo. Filed Aug. 11, 2006, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,368,105.
• Methods for manufacturing ultrahard compacts. Christopher H. Weis, Riverton; Ronald K. Eyre, Orem; Stewart N. Middlemiss, Salt Lake City; David Iverson, Highland. Assigned to Smith International Inc., Houston. Filed June 1, 2004. Patent No. 7,384,592.
• Stirred-tank reactor system. Kurt T. Kunas, Pleasanton, Calif.; Robert V. Oakley, Lafayette, Calif.; Fauad F. Hasan, Santa Clara, Calif.; Michael E. Goodwin, Logan; Jeremy K. Larsen, Providence. Nephi D. Jones. Assigned to Baxter International Inc., Deerfield, Ill.; Baxter Healthcare S.A. Zurich, Switzerland. Filed April 22, 2005, claiming priority to provisional Patent Application No. 60/565,908, filed April 27, 2004. Patent No. 7,384,783.
• Resonant optical cavities for high-sensitivity high-throughput biological sensors and methods. Steven M. Blair, Salt Lake City. Assigned to University of Utah Research Foundation, Salt Lake City. Filed Oct. 12, 2000. Patent No. 7,384,797.
• Shielded gate field effect transistor with improved inter-poly dielectric. Robert Herrick, South Jordan; Dean Probst, West Jordan; Fred Session, Sandy. Assigned to Fairchild Semiconductor Corp., South Portland, Maine. Filed Aug. 9, 2005. Patent No. 7,385,248.
• Data/presence insurance tools and techniques. Ron McCabe, Salt Lake City. Assigned to Miralink Corp., Salt Lake City. Filed 9, 2001, claiming priority to provisional Patent Application No. 60/224,399, filed Aug. 10, 2000. Patent No. 7,386,463.
• Methods and systems for processing financial instrument deposits. Danne L. Buchanan, Sandy; William Ronald Titus, Fruit Heights. Assigned to Netdeposit Inc., Salt Lake City. Filed July 21, 2003, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,386,511.
• Method and mechanism for vending digital content. Robert Drew Major, Orem; Stephen R. Carter, Spanish Fork; Hilarie Orman, Woodland Hills. Assigned to Novell Inc., Provo. Filed Nov. 4, 2005, a continuation of Application No. 09/752,348, filed Dec. 29, 2000. Patent No. 7,386,514.• Apparatus and method of controlling data sharing on a shared memory computer system. John Carter, Liqun Cheng, both of Salt Lake City; Randal S. Passint, Chippewa Falls, Wis.; Donglai Dai, Eau Claire, Wis. Assigned to Silicon Graphics Inc., Sunnyvale, Calif. Filed April 28, 2006, claiming priority to provisional Patent Application No. 60/676,551, filed April 29, 2005. Patent No. 7,386,680.
Karl R. Cannon is a Registered Patent Attorney and a founding shareholder in the Salt Lake area law firm of Clayton, Howarth & Cannon P.C., specialists in patent, trademark and copyright law. He may be contacted at 801-255-5335 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Copies of patents are available by mail for $3 each from U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Box 9 (Copy Sales), Washington, DC 20231; by credit card via telephone 703-308-9726 or toll free 800-972-6382; facsimile 703-305-8759; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Patents can also be viewed and printed free of charge from several Internet sites, including www.uspto.gov or www.delphion.com.