• Community and Family Night each first Monday, 6 p.m., Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. This month's program features: BYU professor of photography Val Brinkerfhoff, fiddling with Russell Wulfenstein and a children's photography art project with Jenna Parker. Call 489-2727 or see: www.smofa.org. Free.
• Family Night on the Farm, from 6-8 at Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: "Red, White and Blue," Cost: $3.50. Call 592-9120.
• Museum Mondays, from 5-7 p.m. at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: "Turtle Time." Cost: $10/$8 children. Call 766-5013.
• Garden Adventures from 7-8 p.m. at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: "Rockets Red Glare." Cost: $10/$6 children. Bring a picnic, eat in the gardens at 6 p.m.
• American Fork Concerts in the Park every Monday at 7 p.m. at the amphitheater just west of the Mt. Timpanogos LDS Temple, 851 E. 700 North. Featuring the Wasatch Winds and the American Fork High School Marching Band. Free.
• Jamming at Pioneer Village every Monday night from 7-8 p.m. throughout the summer, Provo's North Park on 500 West between 500 and 700 North. Bring your instrument. Free.
• Celebrate a Happy Birthday with "Mister Rex," Today-July 11 celebrate the Tyrannosaurus Rex from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Cost: $10/$8 children (ages 3-12).
Tuesday, July 8
• Rae Jeanne Memmott from the BYU College of Nursing will present a university devotional at 11:05 a.m. in the Joseph Smith Building Auditorium on the Provo campus. For live and rebroadcast information, see: byubroadcasting.org. Free.
• Teen Summer Reading: Making Movie Magic Part I, at the Teen Area in the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. The library resident film experts will be on hand to teach the basics of filmmaking. Learn how to make a story come alive on the screen in this two-part program. Call 229-7391. Free.
• Afternoon Adventures at 2 p.m. in the media auditorium at the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Join storyteller Gina Clark as she sets out on a new adventures. For ages five and younger. Call 229-7391. Free.
• Renaissance Kids at 2 p.m. in the storytelling wing of the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Do you go buggy for bugs? Julie Heckert is visiting the library with many of her insect friends, but don't worry, they won't be roaming free. Learn about all sorts of bugs and look at specimens up close. Call 229-7391. Free.
• "Hairspray," movie at 6:30 p.m. in the media auditorium of the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. The popular remake is the story of Tracy Turnblad who has a passion to dance. After winning a spot on the local TV dance program, she is transformed overnight into a teen celebrity. Call 229-7391. Free.
• "Little Women" through July 26 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600
• "Footloose: The Musical," through July 19 at 8 p.m., SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10/$12/$14; $8/$10/$12 for children, seniors and students. Buy at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Call 225-2569.
• "Never Kiss On A Park Bench" through July 26 at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday), Valley Center Playshouse, 780 N. 200 East. Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 students, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• "Les Miserables the School Edition," through July 19 (Fridays, Saturdays & Mondays) at 7:30 p.m., 2 p.m. matinees July 12, 19 at Center Street Musical Theatre, 177 West Center, Provo. Tickets: $10/$8 seniors, students, children. Monday Night Family Pass/$45. Dinner: $10 more. Call 373-4485.
• Abba Live! in concert July 24 at 8 p.m. at the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State (inside SCERA Park). Cost: $10, $12, $15, $18. Call 225-2569.
Museums and exhibits:
• The Da Vinci Experience at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.