LOGAN — Used fireworks placed inside a wooden fruit basket sparked a house fire that caused more than $100,000 in damage Wednesday afternoon.

The fire started in the garage of a home at 80 N. 500 West, said Logan Fire Chief Mark Meaker. Flames destroyed a car before spreading to the main part of the house and a home immediately to the south.

Meaker said the fire started after someone at the home had put used fireworks in a wooden crate, underneath a wooden porch.

The fire caused about $100,000 in damage to the garage and main part of the home and about $10,000 in damage to the exterior of the home to the south.