Monday, July 7
• Community and Family Night each first Monday, 6 p.m., Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. This month's program features: BYU professor of photography Val Brinkerfhoff, fiddling with Russell Wulfenstein and a children's photography art project with Jenna Parker. Call 489-2727 or see: www.smofa.org. Free.
• Family Night on the Farm, from 6-8 at Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: "Red, White and Blue," Cost: $3.50. Call 592-9120.
• Museum Mondays, from 5-7 p.m. at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: "Turtle Time." Cost: $10/$8 children. Call 766-5013.
• Garden Adventures from 7-8 p.m. at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: "Rockets Red Glare." Cost: $10/$6 children. Bring a picnic, eat in the gardens at 6 p.m.
• American Fork Concerts in the Park every Monday at 7 p.m. at the amphitheater just west of the Mt. Timpanogos LDS Temple, 851 E. 700 North. Featuring the Wasatch Winds and the American Fork High School Marching Band. Free.
• Jamming at Pioneer Village every Monday night from 7-8 p.m. throughout the summer, Provo's North Park on 500 West between 500 and 700 North. Bring your instrument. Free.
• Celebrate a Happy Birthday with "Mister Rex," Today-July 11 celebrate the Tyrannosaurus Rex from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Cost: $10/$8 children (ages 3-12).
Tuesday, July 8
• Rae Jeanne Memmott from the BYU College of Nursing will present a university devotional at 11:05 a.m. in the Joseph Smith Building Auditorium on the Provo campus. For live and rebroadcast information, see: byubroadcasting.org. Free.
• Teen Summer Reading: Making Movie Magic Part I, at the Teen Area in the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. The library resident film experts will be on hand to teach the basics of filmmaking. Learn how to make a story come alive on the screen in this two-part program. Call 229-7391. Free.
• Afternoon Adventures at 2 p.m. in the media auditorium at the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Join storyteller Gina Clark as she sets out on a new adventures. For ages five and younger. Call 229-7391. Free.
• Renaissance Kids at 2 p.m. in the storytelling wing of the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Do you go buggy for bugs? Julie Heckert is visiting the library with many of her insect friends, but don't worry, they won't be roaming free. Learn about all sorts of bugs and look at specimens up close. Call 229-7391. Free.
• "Hairspray," movie at 6:30 p.m. in the media auditorium of the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. The popular remake is the story of Tracy Turnblad who has a passion to dance. After winning a spot on the local TV dance program, she is transformed overnight into a teen celebrity. Call 229-7391. Free.
• "Little Women" through July 26 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600
• "Footloose: The Musical," July 5-19 at 8 p.m., SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10/$12/$14; $8/$10/$12 for children, seniors and students. Buy at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Call 225-2569.
• "Never Kiss On A Park Bench," through July 26 at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday), Valley Center Playshouse, 780 N. 200 East. Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 students, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• "Les Miserables the School Edition," through July 19 (Fridays, Saturdays & Mondays) at 7:30 p.m., 2 p.m. matinees July 12, 19 at Center Street Musical Theatre, 177 West Center, Provo. Tickets: $10/$8 seniors, students, children. Monday Night Family Pass/$45. Dinner:$10 more. Call 373-4485.
• Patriots in Petticoats, July 2, 3 at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.; July 4 and 5 at 1p.m., 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. at the Crandall Historical Printing Museum Colonial Theatre, 275 E. Center, Provo. This historical production features life stories of women of the Revolution as told in History of the American Revolution by Mercy Otis Warren. Free.
• "We The People," July 2-3 at 6 and 8 p.m. July 4 at 4 p.m. at the Provo Tabernacle, 100 S. University Ave. This is a musical celebration of the U.S. Constitution and the Founding Fathers written and directed by Janie Thompson. Free.
• Nathan Osmond and Guests in concert July 5 at 8 p.m. at the Crandall Historical Printing Museum Colonial Days, 275 E. Center, Provo. Free.
• Abba Live! in concert July 24 at 8 p.m. at the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State (inside SCERA Park). Cost: $10, $12, $15, $18. Call 225-2569.
Museums and exhibits:
• "Turning Point: The Demise of Modernism and the Rebirth of Meaning in American Art" at the Brigham Young University Museum of Art July through Jan. 3 will explore how two groups of American artists in the late 1960s rebelled against Modernist abstraction by creating artworks that directly challenged Modernism's theoretical tenets. The Museum of Art is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. The museum is closed on Sunday. For more information about the museum, visitors can call 801-422-8287 or visit moa.byu.edu. Free.
• Uncommon Ground exhibit through July 25 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016. Free.
• The Da Vinci Experience at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• The Pioneer Village and Museum, 500 W. 700 North. Open through Labor Day Mondays from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday-Friday from 4-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 1-5 p.m. Contributions accepted. See: www.pioneervillage-museum.org or call 377-8294 for the village, 852-6609 for the museum. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180. Free.
• "Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting" exhibit featuring 84 paintings and drawings by the artist, through July 27. Also "84th Annual Spring Salon" through July 6. Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3-6 p.m. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m., Cheap Thrills presented by the workshop performance group every Tuesday at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Wiseguys Comedy Cafe, corner of Geneva Road and University Parkway behind the Chevron station. Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. This week featuring comedy hypnosis. Cost: $10. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.