Wednesday, July 2
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, 645 E. 1430 North, weekly live animal shows. Today: Utah Plants and Animals at 7:30 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
• Shakespeare for Kids at 4 p.m. at the storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Becky and Joel Wallin present Henry V. For ages 6-up. Call 229-7391. Free.
Thursday, July 3
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, 645 E. 1430 North, weekly live animal shows. Today: Ecosystems at 7:30 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
• Timp Tellers Work Session at 7 p.m. in the media auditorium, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Share stories and receive valuable feedback from new and experienced tellers. Call 229-7391. Free.
• Provo Freedom Days, July 3-5, all-day activities at Center Street off University Avenue. Free.
Friday, July 4
• Lehi fireworks, dusk at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Free.
• Pleasant Grove fireworks at dusk at Pleasant Grove Junior High School, 100 E. 900 North. Free.
• America's Freedom Festival at Provo, 9 a.m. parade, University Avenue; 8 p.m., Stadium of Fire with Miley Cyrus, The Blue Man Group, Glenn Beck, BYU Lavell Edwards Stadium. See: www.freedomfestival.org
Saturday, July 5
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, 645 E. 1430 North, Provo, weekly live animal shows. Today: reptiles at 1 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
• "Footloose: The Musical," July 5-19 at 8 p.m., SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10/$12/$14; $8/$10/$12 for children, seniors and students. Buy at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Call 225-2569.
• "Never Kiss On A Park Bench," through July 26 at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday), Valley Center Playshouse, 780 N. 200 East. Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 students, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• "Les Miserables the School Edition," through July 19 (Fridays, Saturdays & Mondays) at 7:30 p.m., 2 p.m. matinees July 12, 19 at Center Street Musical Theatre, 177 West Center, Provo. Tickets: $10/$8 seniors, students, children. Monday Night Family Pass/$45. Dinner:$10 more. Call 373-4485.
• Patriots in Petticoats, July 2, 3 at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.; July 4 and 5 at 1p.m., 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. at the Crandall Historical Printing Museum Colonial Theatre, 275 E. Center, Provo. This historical production features life stories of women of the Revolution as told in History of the American Revolution by Mercy Otis Warren. Free.
• "We The People," July 2-3 at 6 and 8 p.m. July 4 at 4 p.m. at the Provo Tabernacle, 100 S. University Ave. This is a musical celebration of the U.S. Constitution and the Founding Fathers written and directed by Janie Thompson. Free.
• Nathan Osmond and Guests in concert July 5 at 8 p.m. at the Crandall Historical Printing Museum Colonial Days, 275 E. Center, Provo. Free.
• Abba Live! in concert July 24 at 8 p.m. at the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State (inside SCERA Park). Cost: $10, $12, $15, $18. Call 225-2569.
Museums and exhibits:
• "Turning Point: The Demise of Modernism and the Rebirth of Meaning in American Art" at the Brigham Young University Museum of Art July through Jan. 3 will explore how two groups of American artists in the late 1960s rebelled against Modernist abstraction by creating artworks that directly challenged Modernism's theoretical tenets. The Museum of Art is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. The museum is closed on Sunday. For more information about the museum, visitors can call 801-422-8287 or visit moa.byu.edu. Free.
• Uncommon Ground exhibit through July 25 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016. Free.
• The Da Vinci Experience at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• The Pioneer Village and Museum, 500 W. 700 North. Open through Labor Day Mondays from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday-Friday from 4-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 1-5 p.m. Contributions accepted. See: www.pioneervillage-museum.org or call 377-8294 for the village, 852-6609 for the museum. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180. Free.
• "Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting" exhibit featuring 84 paintings and drawings by the artist, through July 27. Also "84th Annual Spring Salon" through July 6. Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3-6 p.m. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m., Cheap Thrills presented by the workshop performance group every Tuesday at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Wiseguys Comedy Cafe, corner of Geneva Road and University Parkway behind the Chevron station. Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. This week featuring comedy hypnosis. Cost: $10. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.