The deputy fire chief of Terra, Tooele County, is without a home following an early morning fire.

Just before 7 a.m. Saturday, Chief Gerald Neil received a call that the single-wide trailer his deputy chief lived in was on fire. The deputy chief wasn't home at the time, but his wife was awoken by smoke detectors and the sound of crackling noise near the water heater, Neil said.

Although crews arrived at the trailer, located near Dugway, quickly, it was still a total loss. No one was injured in the blaze.

To help the family, a fund has been set up at Heritage West Credit Union in Tooele where donations can be made in care of the Terra Fire Department.

The cause of the fire was believed to be a ruptured water-heater line that was ignited by the pilot light, Neil said. No one was in jured in the incident.

"It was just an unfortunate accident," he said. "It was an older home."