Thursday, June 26
• Round-Up Week at the Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Today: History Quest Day, featuring at magic show at 11 a.m. and Genealogy and Your Famous History at noon. History Quest grand prizes include tickets to the Stadium of Fire. Visit www.hutchingsmuseum.org or call 768-7180.
• The Isaiah Institute hosts a fireside with Avraham Gileadi entitled "The Learning of the Jews: Isaiah's Impact on the Book of Mormon" at 7 p.m. at the ScenicView Academy, Room 245, 5455 N. River Run Drive, Provo, (off north University Ave., north-west of Utah Community Credit Union). Refreshments served. Free.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science, 645 E. 1430 North celebrates its 30th Anniversary. Tonight: Ecosystems at 7:30 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
Friday, June 27
• Round-Up Week at the Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Today: Native American Day. come learn about Native American dances, crafts and weapons. The Changing Navajo and Dancing by Lucille Hunt at 11 a.m.; Native American woman presented by author Judy Busk at 1 p.m. Special visits from the Hobble Creek Wranglers and the Utah Valley Knapping Club. See: www.hutchingsmuseum.org or call 768-7180.
• Julie Olson: Drawing from the Imagination, at 7 p.m. in the storytelling wing of the Orem Public Library, 54 N. State. Learn about drawing from this acclaimed illustrator. Call 229-7391. Free.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science, 645 E. 1430 North celebrates its 30th Anniversary. Tonight: Invertebrates at 7:30 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
Saturday, June 28
• Round-Up Week at the Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Today: Veteran's Celebration and Dutch Oven Cook-off. Activities begin at 9 a.m. Events include the Lehi rodeo Round-Up Dutch Oven Cook-off; magic show; Frank Gentry Model and Community Growth presentation and Veteran's activities from noon to 5 p.m. See: www.hutchingsmuseum.org or call 768-7180.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science, 645 E. 1430 North celebrates its 30th Anniversary. Today: reptiles at 1 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
• "Little Women" through June 26 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600. (See review: deseretnews.com).
• "Never Kiss On A Park Bench," through July 26 at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday), Valley Center Playshouse, 780 N. 200 East. Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 students, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• "Footloose: The Musical," July 5-19 at 8 p.m., SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10/$12/$14; $8/$10/$12 for children, seniors and students. Buy at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Call 225-2569.
• "Les Miserables the School Edition," through July 19 (Fridays, Saturdays & Mondays) at 7:30 p.m., 2 p.m. matinees July 12, 19 at Center Street Musical Theatre, 177 West Center, Provo. Tickets: $10/$8 seniors, students, children. Monday Night Family Pass/$45. Dinner:$10 more. Call 373-4485.
• Jordin Sparks, June 25 at 8 p.m. at the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State, Orem. Cost: $15 general admission (all reserved seating sold out). Tickets may be purchased at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Call 225-2569.
• Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band, with Good Morning Maxfield, June 28, at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Nathan Osmond and Guests, in concert July 5 at 8 p.m. at the Crandall Historical Printing Museum Colonial Days, 275 E. Center, Provo. Free.
Museums and exhibits:
• "Turning Point: The Demise of Modernism and the Rebirth of Meaning in American Art" at the Brigham Young University Museum of Art July through Jan. 3 will explore how two groups of American artists in the late 1960s rebelled against Modernist abstraction by creating artworks that directly challenged Modernism's theoretical tenets. The Museum of Art is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. The museum is closed on Sunday. For more information about the museum, visitors can call 801-422-8287 or visit moa.byu.edu. Free.
• Artists Lily Havey's "A Child of the Camps" at the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Havey shares her experiences as a Japanese-American child living in the Amache Internment Camp. The exhibit runs through June 27. Free.
• Uncommon Ground exhibit through July 25 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016. Free.
• The Da Vinci Experience at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• The Pioneer Village and Museum, 500 W. 700 North. Open through Labor Day Mondays from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday-Friday from 4-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 1-5 p.m. Contributions accepted. See: www.pioneervillage-museum.org or call 377-8294 for the village, 852-6609 for the museum. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180. Free.
• "Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting" exhibit featuring 84 paintings and drawings by the artist, through July 27. Also "84th Annual Spring Salon" through July 6. Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3-6 p.m. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m., Cheap Thrills presented by the workshop performance group every Tuesday at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Wiseguys Comedy Cafe, corner of Geneva Road and University Parkway behind the Chevron station. Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. This week featuring comedy hypnosis. Cost: $10. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.