Thirteen new patents were awarded to Utah inventors on May 27:
• Bicycle helmet. Christopher Bullock, Campbell, Calif.; Chris Pietrzak, Park City. Assigned to Specialized Bicycle Components Inc., Morgan Hill, Calif. Filed April 19, 2006, claiming priority to provisional Patent Application No. 60/673,498, filed April 20, 2005. Patent No. 7,376,980.
• Cutting reel adjusting system. Mark Alvin Schmidt, Charlotte, N.C.; Eric Alan Poulson, Paradise; Donald Lewis Cripps, Smithfield; Ronald Lee Reichen, Raleigh, N.C.; Richard David Thier, Juneau, Wis.; John Michael Flenniken, Rock Hill, S.C. Assigned to Deere & Co., Moline, Ill. Filed Sept. 27, 2006, a continuation of Patent No. 7,121,073, filed April 30, 2003. Patent No. 7,377,092.
• Method and system for impact detection of an imaging system. Vernon T. Jensen, Draper; Steven E. Curtis, Salt Lake City. Assigned to General Electric Co., Schenectady, N.Y. Filed July 31, 2006. Patent No. 7,377,172.
• Complaint covering of a downhole component. David R. Hall, Scott S. Dahlgren, both of Provo. Filed Nov. 29, 2005. Patent No. 7,377,315.
• Thermally stable ultra-hard material compact construction. Stewart N. Middlemiss, Salt Lake City; J. Daniel Belnap, Pleasant Grove; Nephi Mourik, Provo; Thomas W. Oldham, Anthony Griffo, both of The Woodlands, Texas. Assigned to Smith International Inc., Houston, Texas. Filed May 26, 2005. Patent No. 7,377,341.
• Systems and methods for developing correct mechanics of a swimming flip turn. David E. Ryland, Sandy. Filed April 18, 2005, claiming priority to provisional Patent Application No. 60/563,925, filed April 20, 2004. Patent No. 7,377,784.
• Snapper illusory puzzle. Leroy Q. Pia, Salt Lake City. Filed June 30, 2005. Patent No. 7,377,855.
• Method and apparatus for treadmill with frameless treadbase. Scott R. Watterson, William T. Dalebout, both of Logan; Travis Sip, Wellsville. Assigned to Icon IP Inc., Logan. Filed May 25, 2006, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,377,882.
• Catheter connector system. Jeffrey K. Anderson, David W. Pierce, both of Provo; Kelly Rasmussen, Jack R. Peterson, Abraham C. Teng, all of Orem; Scott D. Hinckley, Farmington; William R. Barron, Riverton; Catherine C. Breiter, Holladay. Assigned to C.R. Bard Inc., Murray Hill, N.J. Filed April 1, 2005, claiming priority to provisional Patent Application No. 60/558,150, filed April 1, 2004. Patent No. 7,377,915.
• Phased array antenna applications of universal frequency translation. Martin R. Johnson, Jonathan S. Jensen; Robert T. Short, all of Salt Lake City; Jamison L. Young, Woods Cross; David F. Sorrells, Middleburg, Fla.; Michael J. Bultman, Richard C. Looke, Charley D. Moses Jr., all of Jacksonville, Fla.; Robert W. Cook, Switzerland, Fla. Assigned to ParkerVision Inc., Jacksonville, Fla. Filed March 2, 2001, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,379,515.
• Adjustable amplifier for wireless data systems. Daniel B. Habb, Springville; Vaughn R. Staheli, Payson; Jeffery L. Roberts, Clearfield; Rob Rohde, Kaysville. Assigned to Luxul Inc., Linden. Filed Dec. 6, 2004, claiming priority to provisional Patent Application No. 60/481,754, filed Dec. 8, 2003. Patent No. 7,379,717.
• Traffic barrier. Marc E. Christensen, Salt Lake City; David J. Lipniarski, North Tonawanda, N.Y. Assigned to Off the Wall Products LLC., Salt Lake City. Filed Jan. 5, 2007. Design Patent No. D569,992.
Karl R. Cannon is a Registered Patent Attorney and a founding shareholder in the Salt Lake area law firm of Clayton, Howarth & Cannon P.C., specialists in patent, trademark and copyright law. He may be contacted at 801-255-5335 or by e-mail at [email protected] .com. Copies of patents are available by mail for $3 each from U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Box 9 (Copy Sales), Washington, DC 20231; by credit card via telephone 703-308-9726 or toll free 800-972-6382; facsimile 703-305-8759; or e-mail [email protected] Patents can also be viewed and printed free of charge from several Internet sites, including www.uspto.gov.