Thursday, June 19
• KBYU DTV Transition en Espanol: Are You Ready?, 7 p.m., media auditorium, Orem Public Library, 54 N. State. KBYU TV presenters will discuss the transition from analog to digital television. Get information about converter box coupons. Call 229-7391. Free.
Friday, June 20
• Plein Air Art Festival, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., June 20-21 (auction and celebrations 6:30-8 p.m., June 21) at Thanksgiving Point In Lehi. Cost: $10/$9 seniors, $6 children. See: www.thanksgivingpoint.com.
Saturday, June 21
• The Dance Design Showcase, 6 p.m., Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo, presented by the Academy of Dance Design featuring more than 100 dancers. Tickets available through the Academy at 616-6908.
• Seussical Ice Cream Social, 6-8 p.m., Legacy Park, Alpine (next to Alpine City Hall), sponsored by the Alpine Arts Council. See: www.alpinecommunitytheater.org.
• Orem Community Dance from 8-11 p.m., Orem Senior Friendship Center, 93 N. 400 East. Music provided by Come Dance With Us. Cost: $5. Call 229-7110.
• Lehi's Lil' Cowboy Party, for boys ages 3-6 from 11 a.m. to noon, Lehi Legacy Center, 123 N. Center. Cost: $21 ($7 Lehi resident discount). Register online at www.lehicity.com or at the Legacy Center Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Space is limited. Call 768-7124.
• "Little Women" through June 26 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600. (See review: deseretnews.com).
• "The King and I" through June 21 at 8 p.m., SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10/$12/$14; $8/$10/$12 children, seniors, students. Buy at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State. Call 225-2569. (See review: deseretnews.com).
• "Never Kiss On A Park Bench," June 20-July 26 at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday), Valley Center Playshouse, 780 N. 200 East. Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 students, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• "Footloose: The Musical," July 5-19 at 8 p.m., SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10/$12/$14; $8/$10/$12 for children, seniors and students. Buy at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Call 225-2569.
• "Les Miserables the School Edition," June 20-July 19 (Fridays, Saturdays & Mondays) at 7:30 p.m., 2 p.m. matinees July 12, 19 at Center Street Musical Theatre, 177 West Center, Provo. Tickets: $10/$8 seniors, students, children. Monday Night Family Pass/$45. Dinner:$10 more. Call 373-4485.
• Jericho Road in concert with One voice Children's Choir, June 21, at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Jordin Sparks, June 25 at 8 p.m. at the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State, Orem. Cost: $15 general admission (all reserved seating sold out). Tickets may be purchased at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Call 225-2569.
• Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band, with Good Morning Maxfield, June 28, at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
Museums and exhibits:
• "Turning Point: The Demise of Modernism and the Rebirth of Meaning in American Art" at the Brigham Young University Museum of Art July through Jan. 3 will explore how two groups of American artists in the late 1960s rebelled against Modernist abstraction by creating artworks that directly challenged Modernism's theoretical tenets. The Museum of Art is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. The museum is closed on Sunday. For more information about the museum, visitors can call 801-422-8287 or visit moa.byu.edu. Free.
• Artists Lily Havey's "A Child of the Camps" at the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Havey shares her experiences as a Japanese-American child living in the Amache Internment Camp. The exhibit runs through June 27. Free.
• Uncommon Ground exhibit through July 25 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016. Free.
• The Da Vinci Experience at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• The Pioneer Village and Museum, 500 W. 700 North. Open through Labor Day Mondays from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday-Friday from 4-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 1-5 p.m. Contributions accepted. See: www.pioneervillage-museum.org or call 377-8294 for the village, 852-6609 for the museum. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: " TARGET="_blank">www.hutchingsmuseum.org. Call 768-7180. Free.
• "Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting" exhibit featuring 84 paintings and drawings by the artist, through July 27. Also "84th Annual Spring Salon" through July 6. Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3-6 p.m. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m., Cheap Thrills presented by the workshop performance group every Tuesday at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Wiseguys Comedy Cafe, corner of Geneva Road and University Parkway behind the Chevron station. Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. This week featuring comedy hypnosis. Cost: $10. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.