PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A packaging company sued after a Rhode Island nightclub burned down five years ago has agreed to pay $25 million to survivors and relatives of the 100 people killed, according to court papers filed Friday.

The settlement with Sealed Air Corp., based in Elmwood Park, N.J., is the latest in a series stemming from the February 2003 fire at The Station nightclub in West Warwick, which began when pyrotechnics used by the rock band Great White ignited flammable soundproofing on the club's walls.

The settlement brings to nearly $150 million the total amount of money offered to survivors and victims' relatives. It also moves the case, which initially named dozens of people and companies as defendants, closer to a resolution.

The victims' lawyers say Sealed Air made polyethylene foam that was installed in the club in 1996. They say the foam burned too easily and produced toxic gas.

Ken Aurichio, a spokesman for Sealed Air, said packaging material was allegedly misused as soundproofing, and noted that it was never determined the company even made the material in the club. Sealed Air did not admit wrongdoing, and its insurer will pay the settlement, he said