1 of 2
Deseret News Archives

A building at 342 W. 200 South, shown in 1963, was rented to be the first plant and store for Deseret Industries in 1938. By the end of that year, Deseret Industries had an additional three retail stores, in Magna, Murray and Midvale. The original building now is part of the Westgate Lofts residential project.