The Salt Lake City Library is offering free, public seminars about those homebuying, consumer credit and other topics this summer. The seminars, presented by H&R Block, Mountain America Credit Union and library staff, will be at the Main Library, 210 E. 400 South. Some also are offered in Spanish.
• A tax seminar on how to coordinate Social Security and retirement distributions for the best tax advantage will be held Wednesday July 2, at 7 p.m.
• A seminar on saving for college will be held Wednesday, Aug. 6, at 7 p.m.
• A homebuyer seminar will be held Thursday, July 3, at 7 p.m. The seminar will be offered in Spanish on Tuesday, July 1, at 7 p.m.
• A consumer credit seminar, including how to get the most out of credit scores and secure a better loan, will be held Thursday, July 3, 8 p.m. The class will be offered in Spanish on Tuesday, July 1, at 8 p.m.
• A marketing and business research database seminar will be held Tuesday, July 15, at 7 p.m.