Select offerings for the LDS audience. To have a program listed, contact [email protected]:
BYU devotional, David Thomas (replay), KBYU at 6 a.m., 11 a.m. and BYUTV at 8 a.m., 4 p.m., 10 p.m.
Music and the Spoken Word, Ch. 5, BYUTV, 9:30 a.m.
Joseph Smith Papers, KJZZ, 8 p.m.
Ancestors: African American Research, BYUTV, 12:30 p.m.
Soft Sunday Sounds, 100.3 FM, all day
Sounds of the Sabbath, 106.5 FM, 6:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
Religion Today, 1160 AM and 102.7 FM, 6:30 a.m.
Music for a Sunday Morning, 89.1 FM, 8 a.m.-noon
People of Faith With Carole Mikita, 1160 AM and 102.7 FM, 8 a.m.
Music and the Spoken Word (live), 1160 AM and 102.7 FM, 9:30 a.m.
• BYU (Provo): "Esperanza Rising" (drama), through June 14, Pardoe Theater; campus fair, 7 p.m. Friday, Helaman Fields; 5K Race Against Abuse & Pornography, 8 a.m. Saturday, Richards Building Quad.
• Salt Lake institute (1780 E. South Campus Drive): Missionary committee conversion night, Sunday; summer classes second session begins June 19
• Sandy institute (9401 S. Poppy Lane): Summer classes begin Monday
• Jordan institute (3431 W. Wights Fort Road in West Jordan): Summer classes begin Monday
• Orem institute (785 College Drive): Munch, Mingle, Merriment, 8:45 p.m. Tuesday-June 19; second daytime session classes begin June 19.
• Ogden institute (1302 Evaldson St.): Summer classes begin Monday; activity night, Friday.
• Roosevelt institute (35 N. Union 124-1): Fireside, Elder Donald J. Butler (Fifth Quorum of Seventy), 7 p.m. Sunday at Roosevelt West Stake Center; institute/YSA barbecue, swimming and dance, 7-11:30 p.m. Wednesday at Roosevelt City Pavilion.
• SE Utah Valley South Institute (1175 Birch Lane, Provo): Summer classes start June 24
• Tooele institute (65 S. 200 West): Outdoor party, 2-7 p.m., Settlement Canyon Pavilion
AROUND TEMPLE SQUARE
• Tabernacle organ recitals: Monday-Saturday, noon; Sunday, 2 p.m.
• Movie: "Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration," Monday-Saturday, Legacy Theater at Joseph Smith Memorial Building, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Joshua Creek: Friday, 8 p.m., Brigham Young Historic Park, State Street and Second Avenue
• Clavere Piano Duo (Javier and Lindsay Clavere): Saturday, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall
• Paul Burnside Band: Tuesday, 8 p.m., Brigham Young Historic Park
• Felix Hell (German organist): Tuesday, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall
• Garden talks: Pest management, Bart Anderson, Brigham Young Historic Park, Wednesday, 8 p.m.
• Mormon Battalion Association Heritage Day: Saturday, 10 a.m., Assembly Hall
• "1856" (musical about Mormon handcarts): Monday through June 21, 7 p.m., plus 2 p.m. on June 21, Capitol Theatre
• John Gee lecture on the Joseph Smith Papyri: June 19, 7 p.m., Olivewood Bookstore, Provo