• Provo's Summer Band Series from 7 to 8 p.m. at North Park, 500 N. 500 West. Each Sunday in June featuring the Utah Premiere Brass. Free.
Monday, June 9
• "None Who Enter Will Leave Unchanged," as American Fork Library becomes Fablehaven: 6-8:30 p.m., American Fork Library, 64 S. 100 East. Cost: $5 per family in advance/$10 at the door. Call 763-3070.
• Orem Community Dance from 8 to 11 p.m. at the Orem Senior Friendship Center, 93 N. 400 East. The music will be provided by Tony Summerhays. Cost: $5. Call 229-7110.
• The Blue Sky Concert Series at Provo's Pioneer Park, 500 W. Center. The concert will feature The Cadillacs, a '50s Doo-wap group. It will be from 7-8 p.m. Free.
• Concerts at the American Fork Amphitheater, 851 E. 700 North at 7 p.m. The Monday concert will feature the Timpanogos Chorale and Children's Choir. Call 756-1508. Free.
• Jamming at Pioneer Village every Monday night from 7-8 p.m. throughout the summer, Provo's North Park on 500 West between 500 and 700 North. Bring your instrument. Free.
• Teddy Bear Picnic, at 7 p.m. at the Storytelling Wing and Gardens at the Orem City Library, 50 N. State. Come dressed as your favorite jungle animal or bring a stuffed one.
Tuesday, June 10
• Michael Phipps, author and illustrator, will host Redesigned Book Covers at 2 p.m. at the Orem City Library, 50 N. State. Each participant will choose a favorite young adult novel and redesigned the cover. Part of the Teen Summer Reading program.
• Cheap Thrills presented by the Thrillionaires workshop performance group, 8 p.m., Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Call 852-7007 or see: www.coveycenter.org.
• Teddy Bear Picnic, at 10:30 a.m. at the Storytelling Wing and Gardens at the Orem City Library, 50 N. State. Come dressed as your favorite jungle animal or bring a stuffed one.
• Akira Kurosawa's Dreams (1990), at 6:30 p.m. in the media auditorium at the Orem City Library. The movie is a series of eight episodes exploring the costs of war, the perils of nuclear power and mankind's need to harmonize with nature. Free.
Wednesday, June 11
• 3rd Annual Celebrity! talent search at the SCERA Shell, first in a series of Wednesday night opportunities for wannabe stars. Semi-finals on Aug. 22-23. Six finalists will open for a Boyz II Men concert Aug. 28. Cost: $30 for registration. Limited to 15 singers per night. Call 225-2569.
• "Hairspray," the SCERA Shell outdoor movie, 699 S. State, Orem (in SCERA Park). Following the celebrity talent search at dusk. Cost: $4/$3 for children, students and seniors. Call 225-2569.
• Shakespeare for Kids at 4 p.m. at the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Back by popular demand are actors Becky and Joel Wallin as they present "Hamlet." Children will learn a new Shakespeare play each week in this interactive theater. For ages 6 and up. Free.
• The Brigham Young University Museum of Art will host its annual Family Art Days celebration from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The theme, "MOA Knights," is drawn from the exhibition of Victorian art currently on view at the museum, Activities will include storytelling, face painting, Renaissance and folk dance instruction, Medieval art activity, castle building and more. Call 801-422-8287 or visit the museum's Web site at moa.byu.edu. Free.
• The Utah County Birders (UCB) will gather for their monthly meeting at 7 p.m. at the parking lot of the Provo Sam's Club in East Bay. The meeting will include an evening field trip in southern Utah County.