The Bountiful Tabernacle was dedicated in 1863 by Elder Heber C. Kimball. The tabernacle is shown without its original five spires "robbed of this feature of its architectural design by an east wind of 1906," according to a 1954 Deseret News article. The five spires are present today on this building, below, which has undergone some renovation and modern additions but is still in use today. According to the Utah State History Web site, the building's foundation was used to store grain while Johnston's Army advanced during the Utah War.
Then and now: Inspiring presence
1 of 2
View 2 Items