• 84 percent want a suit to hide trouble zones.
• 97 percent want more flattering fits and styles.
• 57 percent want a suit to minimize or enhance a waist.
• 25 percent want a suit to minimize their hips or thighs.
• 10 percent want a suit to enhance a bust.
• 50 percent want a suit with a tummy-control panel.
• 45 percent want a suit with all-over control.
SOURCE: 2008 Lands' End swimwear survey
Tips for fitting your body type
Rectangle: Balanced hip and shoulder measurements but no waistline
• Details such as shirring will help define the waist.
• A suit with tummy control can shape a waist.
Triangle: Hips are wider than shoulders and bust
• Darker shades on the bottom will visually minimize your lower-half.
• A halter-style top can make your bust look fuller.
Inverted triangle: Shoulders and bust are wider than hips
• A skirt can add more shape to your lower half.
• A wide, square neckline creates the illusion of narrower shoulders.
Star: Balanced hip and shoulder measurements
• Buy mix-and-match separates for flexibility in creating a style.
• Look for suits with a built-in bra for added support.
SOURCE: Lands' End