WEST JORDAN — A child playing with a lighter sparked a blaze that destroyed several recreational vehicles and a garage Sunday afternoon, fire officials said.

The fire started with a motor home near 8050 S. Laguna Circle (2420 West) around 4:30 p.m., said West Jordan Fire Battalion Chief Rodger Broome.

"The RV caught on fire and spread to a pickup truck and the garage," he said. "It was quite a blaze when our guys showed up."

A boy playing with a lighter near the RV accepted responsibility for starting the fire, Broome said. The unattached garage was about 30 feet from the home, and the fire did not threaten any other structures.

Officials said the fire caused about $100,000 in damage. No one was injured.