SAN ANTONIO — "Big Shot Rob" might be done breaking hearts.

San Antonio forward Robert Horry said Saturday he's considering stepping away from the game after winning seven NBA championships in a 16-season career.

"Right now I'm up in the air," Horry said. "That's all I can really tell you, up in the air. I want to play, 80 percent of me wants to play and I'm sure as soon as I get in the gym and see people bouncing the ball it would turn into 100 percent. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens."

The defending champion Spurs lost in the Western Conference finals to the Lakers in five games. The series concluded Thursday night, and it was expected this would be Horry's last year.

Horry, known as "Big Shot Rob" for a resume filled with clutch baskets on the biggest stages, turns 38 in August.

During the playoffs, Horry passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for the most playoff appearances in NBA history. Horry finished this season with 244 playoff game appearances; Abdul-Jabbar had 237. Horry has been in the playoffs in every one of his NBA seasons.

"I think that if I stick around I'm still better than a lot of players," Horry said. "I might not be as fast as a lot of them or as quick. But I'm smarter than probably about 98 percent of the league."

Still, Horry is representative of one challenge the Spurs may have to address in the offseason: age. San Antonio's roster is getting older, and injecting some youth into the lineup over the summer is a possibility.

"I think that when we lose, people tend to talk about, 'You're too old,"' Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "Just like when we win they talk about how experienced we are. ... We've got to make sure we know why we're adding a certain person or eliminating a certain person rather than just do it because you didn't win the championship. So that's always our goal, to do it for the right reasons."

Horry played in 45 games in this regular season for the Spurs, missing 13 games at the end with a left knee contusion. Horry did not play in Game 5 against Los Angeles and had a knee drained during that series.

Horry said that while he'd like to play for the Spurs, he wasn't ruling anything out.

"It's more so here — basically here and nowhere else, but I'm not going to close the book," Horry said. "Somebody has a chance of going to the playoffs, has a chance of winning, have a team that I can respect and players I like and think I can go out and enjoy battling with, I'll look at that situation but other than that, no."

Horry won two titles each with Houston and San Antonio and three with the Los Angeles Lakers. He's one of only eight players in league history with seven or more rings.

GINOBILI EXPECTS TO BE OK FOR BEIJING: San Antonio Spurs star Manu Ginobili expects his injured ankle to be healed for the Beijing Olympics, allowing him to play for defending champion Argentina.

"It's something that I am looking forward to," he said Saturday.

Practices don't begin until early July, meaning Ginobili will have more than a month for his ankle to recover. The Olympics are Aug. 8-24.

"Yesterday I got an injection to get the swelling off of the joint, and they told me that in a week, 10 days I'll be totally fine," Ginobili said. "So I trust them and I think I'm going to be perfectly healed."

Ginobili hurt his ankle in the playoffs and it hampered him in the Western Conference finals against the Los Angeles Lakers. After averaging 18.2 and 21.3 points in the first two series against Phoenix and New Orleans, Ginobili's output fell to 12.6 points.

The Spurs, the defending champions, were ousted by the Lakers in Game 5 on Thursday night.

Ginobili, winner of the Sixth Man Award, was the Spurs' leading scorer during the regular season, averaging 19.5 points.

"He's got to heal and he's going to have that time," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "We started that process today with Manu and he'll be off of his ankle for the next four to five weeks. Obviously we couldn't do that during the playoffs — would have been great if we could have."

Popovich expects the smooth-shooting guard to play for the Argentine team.

"And that's probably a good thing because these guys play in the summertime anyway and the more organized you can be, probably the less chance you have of getting an injury," he said.

Argentina beat Italy 84-69 in 2004 in Athens for the gold. Ginobili had 16 points and six assists in that game. Ginobili sat out last summer's qualifying tournament in which Argentina lost to the United States in the gold-medal game.

SUNS TO INTERVIEW PORTER AGAIN: Terry Porter is expected to be interviewed for a second time by the Phoenix Suns later this week.

Porter joined Detroit Pistons coaches and players at their practice facility on Saturday, the day after the Boston Celtics eliminated them in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals.

The Suns have been searching for a head coach since Mike D'Antoni resigned to lead the New York Knicks. Candidates include Porter, Houston Rockets assistant Elston Turner and former NBA player and TV analyst Mark Jackson.

Porter was Flip Saunders' lead assistant in Detroit the past two seasons. He led the Milwaukee Bucks' from 2003-05, helping them win 41 games and earn a spot in the 2004 playoffs. His coaching career started as a Sacramento Kings assistant in 2002.

Suns general manager Steve Kerr was one of Porter's teammates during his 17-year career with Portland, Minnesota, Miami and San Antonio.

SACRAMENTO SHERIFF WON'T REOPEN JOHNSON PROBE: Authorities say there's no reason for police to reopen an investigation into whether former NBA star Kevin Johnson molested a teenage girl.

Sacramento County Sheriff John McGinness said Friday that Johnson's actions, though ill-advised, were not illegal. He said Johnson touched the girl on her shoulders, but not her breasts.

Johnson is running for mayor against two-term incumbent Heather Fargo.

Sacramento Police Chief Rick Braziel asked the sheriff's department to review the case after police decided there was no criminal conduct on Johnson's part.

Fargo asked police to reopen their investigation after the Sacramento Bee reported that a draft document indicated Johnson paid $250,000 to a Phoenix girl to settle earlier molestation allegations.