Sunday, June 1
• Provo's Summer Band Series from 7-8 p.m. at North Park, 500 N. 500 West. Each Sunday in June featuring the Utah Premiere Brass. Free.
Monday, June 2
• Concerts at the American Fork Amphitheater, 851 E. 700 North at 7 p.m. Featuring Crescent Super Band/Capretti Chorus. Call 756-1508. Free.
• Blue Sky Concert Series, from 7-8 p.m. at Pioneer Park, 500 W. Center, Provo. Tonight's featuring oldies but goodies Rock n' Roll from The Sphincter Tones. Free.
• Community Family Night at 6 p.m. at the Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South. the first Monday each month. This month's program features guest artist Julie Buckley. The Art Ball royalty will entertain and Marlene Tays will oversee a children's art project. Free.
• Jamming at Pioneer Village every Monday night from 7-8 p.m. throughout the summer, Provo's North Park on 500 West between 500 and 700 North. Bring your instrument. Free.
Tuesday, June 3
• Summer Reading Program kick off at 2 p.m. in the storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State, What exactly is a "Renaissance Kid"? Who will I meet in an "Afternoon Adventure"? Get answers to these questions. Enjoy puppets, stories and more while learning what the library has in store for youth readers this summer.
• Film screening "Shall We Dance," (1996), at 6:30 p.m. in the media auditoirum at the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
Wednesday, June 4
• Shakespeare for Kids, at 4 p.m. at the Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Back by popular demand are actors Becky and Joel Wallin as they present "A Midsummer Night's Dream." Children will learn a new Shakespeare play each week in this interactive theater. For 6-up. Free.
• "Cinderella's Waltz Right Inn" through June 16, at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday) at the Valley Center Playhouse, 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 student, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• "The Mikado" by Gilbert & Sullivan," through June 7 at 7:30 p.m. (Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays), Center Street Musical Theater, 177 W. Center, Provo Cost: $10/$8 children, $45/Monday night family. Dinner for $10 more. Call 373-4485.
• "Esperanza Rising," June 5-7, 11-13 at 7:30 p.m., Pardoe Theatre, Harris Fine Arts, BYU campus, Provo. Thursday matinees June 5, 7, 13 and 14 at 2 p.m. Cost: $12 ($5 off weeknights/$4 off weekends with BYU or student ID. Dress rehearsals May 28-29 and matinees $6. Call 422-4322.
• "Little Women," through June 26 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600.
• "The King and II" June 6-21 at 8 p.m. at the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10 $12 and $14; $8, $10 and $12 for children, seniors and students. Tickets may be purchased at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem from 10 to 6 p.m. weekdays. Call 225-2569.
• Jim Brickman in concert with Hilary Weeks, June 7 at 7 p.m. A part of the Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $25. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Kalai in concert with Libbie Linton, June 14 at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Jericho Road in concert with One voice Children's Choir, June 21, at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Jordin Sparks, June 25 at 8 p.m. at the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theater, 699 S. State, Orem. Cost: $15 general admission (all reserved seating sold out). Tickets may be purchased at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Call 225-2569.
• Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band, with Good Morning Maxfield, June 28, at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
Museums and exhibits:
• The Da Vinci Experience at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. Free entry to teachers. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• The Pioneer Village and Museum, 500 W. 700 North. Open through Labor Day Mondays from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday through Friday from 4-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 1-5 p.m. Contributions accepted. See: www.pioneervillage-museum.org or call 377-8294 for the village, 852-6609 for the museum. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180. Free.
• "Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting" exhibit featuring 84 paintings and drawings by the artist, through July 27. Also "84th Annual Spring Salon" through July 6. Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3 to 6. Closed Mondays and holidays. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m., Cheap Thrills presented by the workshop performance group every Tuesday at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Wiseguys Comedy Cafe, corner of Geneva Road and University Parkway behind the Chevron station. Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. This week featuring comedy hypnosis. Cost: $10. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.