Twelve new patents were awarded to Utah inventors on April 29. They are:
• Dynamic mass transfer rapid response power conversion system. Stephen C. Jacobsen, Salt Lake City; Marc Olivier, Sandy. Assigned to Raytheon Sarcos LLC., Waltham, Mass. Filed Dec. 1, 2005, claiming priority to provisional patent Application No. 60/632,866, filed Dec. 2, 2004. Patent No. 7,363,887.
• Combination ladder, ladder components and methods of manufacturing same. Newell R. Moss, Mapleton; Jack W. Bowers, Springville; David Francis, Orem. Assigned to Wing Enterprises Inc., Springville. Filed Nov. 11, 2003, claiming priority to provisional patent Application No. 60/425,449, filed Nov. 11, 2002. Patent No. 7,364,017.
• Corrugated flanges for spools and reels. C. Robert Ripplinger, Millville. Filed March 31, 2005, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,364,113.
• Methods and apparatus for determining horizontal and vertical plane orientation for construction of dental prostheses. Juan Olivier, Draper. Filed March 22, 2006, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,364,429.
• Systems and methods for facilitating a wager. Richard Burnham Slade, Provo. Assigned to Flagship Entertainment Inc., Provo. Filed May 24, 2004. Patent No. 7,364,509.
• Process and compositions for synthetic calibration of bio-photonic scanners. Scott Ferguson, Spanish Fork; Stephen J. Poole, Provo. Assigned to Nu Skin International Inc., Provo. Filed Nov. 3, 2004. Patent No. 7,365,839.
• Method and system for reducing data overhead in a wireless system. Michael Mitchell, Park City; Daniel G. Watt, West Jordan; Carmen Brokke, Salt Lake City. Assigned to L-3 Communications Corp., New York, N.Y. Filed March 27, 2003, claiming priority from provisional patent Application No. 60/375,097, filed April 22, 2002. Patent No. 7,366,121.
• Smartcard internet authorization system. William J. Gray, Salt Lake City; William G. Hohle, North Lehi; Carl Larkin, Barnham Bognore Regis, Great Britain; Lee J. Peart, Shioiju, Great Britain. Assigned to American Express Travel Related Services Co. Inc., New York, N.Y. Filed Jan. 4, 2001, claiming priority to provisional patent Application No. 60/174,564, filed Jan. 5, 2000. Patent No. 7,366,703.
• Method of identifying participants in secure web sessions. Rod D. Sturgis, Pleasant Grove. Assigned to Net Endeavor Inc., Pleasant Grove. Filed Feb. 27, 2004. Patent No. 7,366,912.
• Pack cup. Dennis Brown, Logan. Assigned to Aquamira Technologies Inc., Logan. Filed Oct. 6, 2006. Design Patent No. D567,586.
• Circle and bi-directional ray drawing device. Renae Haddadin, Sandy. Filed Oct. 5, 2007. Design Patent No. D567,684.• Display doorbell chime cover. David O. Meyers, Kaysville; Alfredo D. Carreno, Aurora, Ill.; Suzanne M. Loose, Pewaukee, Wis. Assigned to Broan-NuTone LLC, Hartford, Wis. Filed Jan. 13, 2005. Design Patent No. D567,692.
Karl R. Cannon is a Registered Patent Attorney and a founding shareholder in the Salt Lake area law firm of Clayton, Howarth & Cannon P.C., specialists in patent, trademark and copyright law. He may be contacted at 801-255-5335 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies of patents are available by mail for $3 each from U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Box 9 (Copy Sales), Washington, DC 20231; by credit card via telephone 703-308-9726 or toll free 800-972-6382; facsimile 703-305-8759; or e-mail email@example.com. Patents can also be viewed and printed free of charge from several Internet sites, including www.uspto.gov or www.delphion.com