Monday, May 26
• Memorial Day - see our calendar of Memorial Day events online: www.deseretnews.com, go to community.
• Family Night on the Farm at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, from 6-8 p.m. at Farm Country. Tonight's theme: "Grow Your Own." Cost: $3.50.
• Museum Mondays at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, from 5-7 p.m. in the lobby. Tonight's theme: "Water Creatures." Cost: $10/$8 children.
• Garden Adventures at the Discovery Gardens at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, from 7-8 p.m. Tonight's theme: "Magical Monday." Cost: $8/$5 children.
• Death Cab for Cutie concert, 5 p.m. May 26, Electric Park, Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Cost: $30 in advance, $35 at the gate. Call 768-4900.
• BYU's Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum live animal show at 6:30 and 7:30 p.m., featuring reptiles. Call 422-5052. Free.
Tuesday, May 27
• Film Screening: Tom and Viv, 6:30 p.m., Orem Public Library media auditorium, 51 N. State. The story of the passionate yet turbulent relationship between T.S. Eliot and his wife. Free.
• Hot Shots Dance Studio Spring Concert at 7 p.m. at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $5. Call 852-7007.
• BYU's Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum live animal show at 7:30 p.m., featuring adaptations. Call 422-5052. Free.
Wednesday, May 28
• "UV" Euphoric over completion of first Habitat Home. Students, faculty and staff at Utah Valley State College will celebrate the completion of their first ever Habitat for Humanity sponsored home at a ribbon cutting at noon at 161 E. 800 South, Orem. Call Kena Jo at 344-9527. The public is welcome. Free.
• BYU's Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum live animal show at 7:30 p.m., featuring Utah plants and animals. Call 422-5052. Free.
• "Cinderella's Waltz Right Inn" through June 16, at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday) at the Valley Center Playhouse, 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 student, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• "The Mikado" by Gilbert & Sullivan," through June 7 at 7:30 p.m. (Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays), Center Street Musical Theater, 177 W. Center, Provo Cost: $10/$8 children, $45/Monday night family. Dinner for $10 more. Call 373-4485.
• "Robin Hood, the Musical," May 26-31 at 7:30 p.m. at the Castle Amphitheater in Provo. Presented by The Lockwood Repertory Company, featuring a pre-show by the King's Players. Cost: $9/$8 students/$7 for seniors and children. Tickets may be reserved by calling 801-372-1644 or reserve online at emersonsmith.org.
• "Esperanza Rising," May 30-31, June 5-7, 11-13 at 7:30 p.m., Pardoe Theatre, Harris Fine Arts, BYU campus, Provo. Thursday matinees June 5, 7, 13 and 14 at 2 p.m. Cost: $12 ($5 off weeknights/$4 off weekends with BYU or student ID. Dress rehearsals May 28-29 and matinees $6. Call 422-4322.
• "Little Women," May 30-June 26 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600.
• The Little River Band May 26, 8 p.m. a the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theatre, 699 S. State. Cost: $10/$8 for children (age 3-11), seniors (65+) and students (w/ID). Reserved seating areas range from $12/$10 for adults; $10/$15 for children, seniors and students. Call 225-2569 or see: www.scera.org.
• Death Cab for Cuties, May 26, 5 p.m., Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Cost: $30.50 ($7.25 processing) $35 the day of the event. Call 768-4900.
• Wasatch Winds Spring Concert, May 30 at 7:30 p.m. in the American Fork High School suditoirum, 510 N. 400 South. Cost: $3/$2students;$10 per family. Call 330-2186 or visit www.wasatchwinds.org.
• Jim Brickman in concert with Hilary Weeks, June 7 at 7 p.m. A part of the Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $25. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Kalai in concert with Libbie Linton, June 14 at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Jericho Road in concert with One voice Children's Choir, June 21, at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band, with Good Morning Maxfield, June 28, at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
Museums and exhibits:
• The Da Vinci Experience at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. Free entry to teachers. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• His and Hers Exhibit through May 30 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Featuring the art of husband and wife artists. Hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016 or visit www. TerraNovaGallery.com.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26, 2008. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least a week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.
• The Pioneer Village and Museum, 500 W. 700 North. Open Memorial Day through Labor Day Mondays from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday through Friday from 4-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 1-5 p.m. Contributions accepted. See: www.pioneervillage-museum.org or call 377-8294 for the village, 852-6609 for the museum. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180. Free.
• "Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting" exhibit featuring 84 paintings and drawings by the artist, through July 27. Also "84th Annual Spring Salon" through July 6. Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3 to 6. Closed Mondays and holidays. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m., Cheap Thrills presented by the workshop performance group every Tuesday at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Wiseguys Comedy Cafe, corner of Geneva Road and University Parkway behind the Chevron station. Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. This week featuring comedy hypnosis. Cost: $10. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.