Before looking over the intersection of Main Street and South temple, the Brigham Young statue stood on what was then known as Temple Block (now Temple Square). The statue was added to the monument in July 1897. Designed by Cyrus Edwin Dallin, the statue was placed on a temporary pedestal southeast of the Salt Lake Tabernacle after it arrived from Chicago.
Then & now: Brigham Young Monument
1 of 2
View 2 Items