Thursday May 22
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum at BYU, weekly live animal show featuring ecosystems, 7:30 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
Friday, May 23
• Mrs. Utah United States Pageant, 7 p.m., Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $20/$15 seniors/$10 children. Call852-7007.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum at BYU, weekly live animal show featuring invertebrates, 7:30 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
• Resonance Story Theatre: Tales of Responsibility, 7 p.m., Orem Public Library, storytelling wing, 51 N. State. Enjoy stories of different character traits with drumming, music, theater and audience participation. Free.
• Mystery Dinner Date Night, Friday and Saturday, at 6 p.m. at the BYU Museum of Peoples and Cultures, 100 E. 700 North, Provo. Enjoy dinner and an evening of clues as each participant becomes a suspect in the disappearance of the horned toad. Call 422-0020 for prices and reservation information.
Saturday, May 24
• Tai-Chi and Chi Gong Wellness Workshop, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Provo City Library at Academy Square, 550 N. University Ave. Registration is at 9:35 a.m. in the third floor Brimhall Room. The workshop is directed by John and Janet Garrett. Cost is $60 ($30 for returning students and seniors 50-older) Call 836-2825 to RSVP.
• The Live wElle Foundation 2nd annual "Live wElle 5K and Kids' Fun Run" at 7:30 a.m. at the Hunter Valley Park in Springville (1250 South 200 East). All proceeds from this event will benefit the Nebo Education Foundation and provide scholarships for local high school students. See: www.livewElle.org.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum at BYU, weekly live animal show featuring reptiles at 1 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
• Arts in the Garden, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., featuring local artists and musicians, presented by the Orem Arts Council at Central Utah Gardens, 355 W. University Parkway, Orem. Free.
• "The Miracle Worker" through May 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600. (See review online: deseretnews.com).
• "Cinderella's Waltz Right Inn" through June 16, at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday) at the Valley Center Playhouse, 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 student, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• Mahonri Stewart's "Swallow The Sun," May 23-24 at 7:30 p.m. with 2:30 p.m. matinees on May 17 and 24 at the Provo Theatre Company, 105 E. 100 North, Provo. A world premier on the early life of C.S. Lewis. Cost: $10/$8 students and seniors. Call 830-4553 or www.newplayproject.org/tickets. (See review online: Deseretnews.com).
• "The Mikado" by Gilbert & Sullivan," through June 7 at 7:30 p.m. (Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays), Center Street Musical Theater, 177 W. Center, Provo Cost: $10/$8 children,$45/Monday night family. Dinner for $10 more. Call 373-4485.
• "Robin Hood, the Musical," May 26-31 at 7:30 p.m. at the Castle Amphitheatre in Provo. Presented by The Lockwood Repertory Company, featuring a pre-show by the King's Players. Cost: $9/$8 students/$7 for seniors and children. Tickets may be reserved by calling 801-372-1644 or reserve online at emersonsmith.org.
• "Esperanza Rising," May 30-31, June 5-7, 11-13 at 7;30 p.m. in the Pardoe Theatre at BYU. Thursday matinees June 5, 7, 13 and 14 at 2 p.m. Cost: $12 ($5 off weeknights/$4 off weekends with BYU or student ID. Dress rehearsals May 28-29 and matinees $6. Call 422-4322.
• "Little Women," May 30-June 26 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600.
• The Little River Band May 26, 8 p.m. a the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theatre at 699 S. State in the middle of Orem's SCERA Park. Cost: $10/$8 for children (age 3-11), seniors (65+) and students (w/ID). Reserved seating areas range from $12/$10 for adults; $10/$15 for children, seniors and students. Call 801-225-2569 or online at www.scera.org.
• Death Cab for Cuties, May 26, 5 p.m., Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Cost: $30.50 ($7.25 processing) $35 the day of the event. Call 768-4900.
• Wasatch Winds Spring Concert, May 30 at 7:30 p.m. in the American Fork High School suditoirum, 510 N. 400 South. Cost: $3/$2students;$10 per family. Call 330-2186 or visit www.wasatchwinds.org.
• Jim Brickman in concert with Hilary Weeks, June 7 at 7 p.m. A part of the Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $25. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Kalai in concert with Libbie Linton, June 14 at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Jericho Road in concert with One voice Children's Choir, June 21, at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band, with Good Morning Maxfield, June 28, at 7 p.m. A Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo. Cost: $15. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
Museums and exhibits:
• The Da Vinci Experience at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. Free entry to teachers. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• His and Hers Exhibit through May 30 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Featuring the art of husband and wife artists. Hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016 or visit www. TerraNovaGallery.com.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26, 2008. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least a week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.
• The Pioneer Village and Museum, 500 W. 700 North. Open Memorial Day through Labor Day Mondays from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday through Friday from 4-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 1-5 p.m. Contributions accepted. See: www.pioneervillage-museum.org or call 377-8294 for the village, 852-6609 for the museum. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: " TARGET="_blank">www.hutchingsmuseum.org. Call 768-7180. Free.
• "Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting" exhibit featuring 84 paintings and drawings by the artist, through July 27. Also "84th Annual Spring Salon" through July 6. Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3 to 6. Closed Mondays and holidays. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m., Cheap Thrills presented by the workshop performance group every Tuesday at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Wiseguys Comedy Cafe, corner of Geneva Road and University Parkway behind the Chevron station. Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. This week featuring comedy hypnosis. Cost: $10. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.