PROVO — An Eagle Mountain man charged with aggravated kidnapping pleaded not guilty Monday in 4th District Court. A four-day trial has been scheduled for August.

Matthew Graham, 34, is accused of brandishing guns and preventing his wife and children from leaving their Eagle Mountain house on Jan. 31. A four-hour standoff with Utah County SWAT teams ensued before he surrendered.

Graham's wife has said that the couple had fought that morning. She said that he got out his guns and she felt threatened and unable to leave. Mindy Graham sent text messages to friends, asking for help, and those friends contacted the authorities.

However, during a preliminary hearing last week, Mindy Graham said her husband never pointed the gun at her or the children and never told her she couldn't leave.

When a police officer came to the door, Graham's wife and four children left, but Matthew Graham refused to come out and talk with police.

He also allegedly threatened SWAT team members and Utah County sheriff's officers who were surrounding the house, telling them he could take them out because of his military training.

Graham was also charged with making a terroristic threat and domestic violence in the presence of a child.

Graham served a 16-month tour in Iraq as part of the 1457 Combat Battalion with the Utah National Guard and developed post-traumatic stress disorder, according to police reports filed in 4th District Court.

He will be in court again on July 21 for a pre-trial conference.