• Family Night on the Farm at Thanksgiving Point, from 6-8 p.m. at Farm Country. Tonight's theme: "Horsing Around." Cost: $3.50.
• Museum Mondays at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, from 5-7 p.m. in the lobby. Tonight's theme: "King for a Day." Cost: $10/$8 children.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum at BYU, weekly live animal show featuring reptiles, 6:30 p.m. and again at 7:30 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
Tuesday, May 20
• Local candidates running on the Democratic ticket will speak/answer questions at the Democratic Women's luncheon at noon at the Riverside Country Club, 2701 N. University Ave. Cost: $16. The lunch meeting is open to all interested community members. For further information contact Lou Ann Talcott at 489-9681.
• Screening: "You Can't Take it With You" 7 p.m., Harold B. Lee Library auditorium, Brigham Young University campus. Seating is limited. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Free.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum at BYU, weekly live animal show featuring adaptations, 7:30 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
• Film Screening: Whole Wide World, 6:30 p.m., Orem Public Library, media auditorium, 51 N. State. Free.
Wednesday, May 21
• Getting Ahead program graduation, 7:30 p.m., Scenicview Center, 5485 N. River Run Drive, Provo. Reception with light refreshments. All interested community members are invited. Sponsored by Community Action Services and Habitat for Humanity of Utah County.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum at BYU, weekly live animal show featuring Utah plants and animals, 7:30 p.m. Call 422-5052. Free.
• "The Miracle Worker" through May 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600. (See review at deseretnews.com).
• Mahonri Stuart's "Swallow The Sun," May 19, 23-24 at 7:30 p.m. with 2:30 p.m. matinee on May 24 at the Provo Theatre Company, 105 E. 100 North, Provo. A world premiere on the early life of C.S. Lewis. Cost: $10/$8 students and seniors. Call 830-4553 or www.newplayproject.org/tickets.
• "The Mikado" by Gilbert & Sullivan," through June 7 at 7:30 p.m. (Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays), Center Street Musical Theater, 177 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/$8 children, $45/Monday night family. Dinner for $10 more. Call 373-4485.
• American Fork Children's Choir Spring Concert, May 19 at 6:30 p.m. at the Historic City Hall, 31 N. Church Street, American Fork. Free.
Museums and exhibits:
• The Da Vinci Experience, an international traveling exhibit based on Leonardo da Vinci's paintings and inventions, at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in da Vinci's notebooks. Free entry offered to teachers. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5 and under free. The museum is on the second floor of the University Mall in Orem in the southeast corner. Open Monday from noon-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• His and Hers Exhibit through May 30 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Featuring the art of husband and wife artists. Hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016 or visit www.TerraNovaGallery.com. Free.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least one week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.