Wednesday, May 14
• Utah County Birders meeting at 7 p.m., Rock Canyon amphitheater. Merrill Webb will lead a bird walk. Additional information: www.utahbirds.org/ucb/index.html. Free.
• Dip Into May, 7 p.m. Little Theatre Kitchen class at the Spanish Fork Maceys, 187 E. 1000 North. Get some great dip ideas. Call 798-9803. Free.
Thursday, May 15
• Cooking with Kathy, 7 p.m. Little Theatre Kitchen class at the Spanish Fork Maceys, 187 E. 1000 North. Recipes from the Middle East. Call 798-9803. Free.
• Brunch Basics is the topic of Provo Maceys Little Theatre Kitchen class, 1400 N. State, at 7 p.m. Learn how to make gluten-free crustless quiche and fresh apple cake. Call 356-3216. Free.
• Ivy Hall Academy Spring Program: The Jungle Book, at 7 p.m. at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Free.
• Mazda Pre-race Exhibition, 6 p.m., prior to the American Le Mans race, Legacy Mazda, 55 E. University Parkway, Orem. The first 100 to register receive a free T-shirt or hat. Call 226-8555. Free.
Friday, May 16
• Provo Children's Book Festival at 7 p.m., Provo City Library at Academy Square, 550 N. University Ave. Featuring Gerald McDermott, author of the Trickster Tale books. Call 852-6682.Free.
• 21st Annual Auto Expo and Swap Meet, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., May 16-17, Swap meet both days, Car show Saturday only. Electric Park, Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Cost: $3. Call 768-4900.
• Indie Rock/Showtime Utah!, 7 p.m. dinner show Friday and Saturday with 10 p.m. Entertainment Hotspots featuring opera, Broadway, jazz, stand-up comedy and karaoke opportunities (Saturday night). Three bands: Waters Underground, Blacksheep Wahl and Never Ending Sidewalk, will play Friday at 20 Main St. in Pleasant Grove. Cost: $19.95 (introductory price). Call: 636-9669. See: www.showtimeutah.com.
Saturday, May 17
• Provo Children's Book Festival,10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Provo City Library at Academy Square, 550 N. University Ave. Features more than 30 local and regional authors and illustrators. Includes: puppet shows, arts and crafts, printing press demonstrations, book character visits, refreshments. Call 852-6682. Free.
• Armed Forces Day Celebration, Provo Macey's from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., honoring six World War II and Korean War veterans. Children are coloring patriotic coloring pages to present to the veterans that day. Pick up free pages at the service desk. Call 356-3216.
• Orem Community Dance, 8-11 p.m. at the Orem Senior Friendship Center, 93 N. 400 East. Music provided by Randy Evans. Cost: $5. Call 229-7110.
• "The Miracle Worker" through May 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600. (See review online: deseretnews.com).
• "Cinderella's Waltz Right Inn" through June 16, at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday) at the Valley Center Playhouse, 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 student, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• Mahonri Stuart's "Swallow The Sun," May 16-17, 19, 23-24 at 7:30 p.m. with 2:30 p.m. matinees on May 17 and 24 at the Provo Theatre Company, 105 E. 100 North, Provo. A world premier on the early life of C.S. Lewis. Cost: $10/$8 students and seniors. Call 830-4553 or www.newplayproject.org/tickets.
• "The Mikado" by Gilbert & Sullivan," May 16-June 7 at 7:30 p.m. (Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays), Center Street Musical Theater, 177 W. Center, Provo Cost: $10/$8 children,$45/Monday night family. Dinner for $10 more. Call 373-4485.
• "Robin Hood, the Musical," May 26-31 at 7:30 p.m. at the Castle Amphitheatre in Provo. Presented by The Lockwood Repertory Company, featuring a pre-show by the King's Players. Cost: $9/$8 students/$7 for seniors and children. Tickets may be reserved by calling 801-372-1644 or reserve online at emersonsmith.org
• Jon Schmidt with Brandie Frampton, first in Summer Concert Series designed to benefit Timpview Music Department, Timpview High School, 3570 N. 650 East, Provo, 7 p.m., May 17. Cost: $10 or $70 for full five concert series. Call 669-7373 or 368-5046 or 358-2023. See: www.timpviewband.com.
• A benefit concert for Camp Kesem BYU, a camp for kids whose parents have cancer, 7 p.m., May 17, Tahitian Noni International Visitor Center & Gardens, 333 W. River Woods Drive. Features: Debra Fotheringham, Bentley Murdock, and The Canyon View Jr. High Choir. Cost: $5 online: www.brownpapertickets.com/event/34208 or call 734-9313. Tickets also sold at the door.
• The Chauntenette Women's Chorus presents "A Kaleidoscope of Song," May 16 at 7 p.m., American Fork Tabernacle, 110 E. Main. Call 785-3029. Free.
• Nebo Philharmonic Orchestra: "COWBOY UP!" 7:30 p.m., May 17, American Leadership Academy, 1172 S. Del Monte, Spanish Fork. Cost: $5/$3 students, at the door.
• Broden and Jennifer Steed Pemberton Benefit Concert, May 17, 4-8 p.m. at the SilverLake Amphitheater, 7920 N. SilverLake Parkway, Eagle Mountain. Features Peter Breinholt and J. Marc Bailey. Proceeds go to the Pemberton family. Event includes activities, food and a silent auction. Cost: $10/$5 children. Call 616-3431.
• American Fork Children's Choir Spring Concert, May 19 at 6:30 p.m. at the Historic City Hall, 31 N. Church Street. Free.
• Death Cab for Cuties, May 26, 5 p.m., Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Cost:?
Museums and exhibits:
• The Da Vinci Experience, an international traveling exhibit based on Leonardo da Vinci's paintings and inventions, at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. Free entry is offered to teachers. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. The museum is on the second floor of the University Mall in Orem in the southeast corner. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• His and Hers Exhibit through May 30 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Featuring the art of husband and wife artists. Hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016 or visit www. TerraNovaGallery.com.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26, 2008. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least a week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180.Free.
• "Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting" exhibit featuring 84 paintings and drawings by the artist, through July 27. Also "84th Annual Spring Salon" through July 6. Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3 to 6. Closed Mondays and holidays. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m., Cheap Thrills presented by the workshop performance group every Tuesday at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Wiseguys Comedy Cafe, corner of Geneva Road and University Parkway behind the Chevron station. Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. This week featuring comedy hypnosis. Cost: $10. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.