• Springville Museum of Art Annual Member and Volunteer Spring Recruitment Brunch, 11:30 a.m., May 14 at the museum, 126 E. 400 South. This year's theme is "Celebrate the Island Style," with a luau and entertainment. Open to those interested in volunteering. Call 489-2727 or e-mail [email protected]
• Maxed Out Puppetry, 7 p.m., Storytelling wing, Orem City Library, 58 N. State. A perennial favorite with comedy, suspense and delight. Free.
• Family Night at the Farm, 6-8 p.m. at Farm Country,Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: bird feeders. Cost: $3.50. Call 592-9120.
• Museum Mondays at the Museum of Ancient Life, 5-7 p.m., Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: winged wonders. Cost: $10/$8. Call 766-5013.
Tuesday May 13
• Women's Health Clinic today and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Utah County Health and Justice Building, 151 S. University Ave, Provo, for women 40-64. Free breast exams, pap smears and skin cancer screenings. Fasting cholesterol tests offered by appointment for $23. Call 851-7031. The Women's Clinic is on the first floor.
• Ready to Learn, KBYU workshop for parents is the Spanish Fork Macey's Little Theatre class at 7 p.m. Call 422-8488 to register. Free.
• Slow and Easy Does It, Maceys Little Theatre Kitchen class, 1400 N. State, at 7 p.m. Crock pot recipes including slow cooked chicken. Call 356-3216. Free.
Wednesday, May 14
• Utah County Birders monthly meeting, 7 p.m., Rock Canyon amphitheater. Merrill Webb will lead a bird walk in Rock Canyon. For those participating in the 2008 birding challenge, this fulfills one of the Utah Trails requirements. Additional information available at the birders Web site: www.utahbirds.org/ucb/index.html. Free.
• Dip Into May is the topic of tonight's 7 p.m. Little Theatre Kitchen class at the Spanish Fork Maceys, 187 E. 1000 North. Call 798-9803. Free.
• "The Miracle Worker" through May 24, 7:30 p.m., Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600. (See review online: deseretnews.com).
• "Cinderella's Waltz Right Inn" through June 16, at 7:30 p.m., Valley Center Playhouse, 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 children/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• The Chauntenette Women's Chorus presents "A Kaleidoscope of Song," May 16 at 7 p.m., American Fork Tabernacle, 110 E. Main. Call 785-3029. Free.
• A benefit concert for Camp Kesem BYU, a camp for kids whose parents have cancer, May 17 at 7 p.m. in the Tahitian Noni Center auditorium, 333 W. River Woods Drive. Features: Debra Fotheringham, Bentley Murdock, and The Canyon View Jr. High Choir. Cost: $5. Buy online: www.brownpapertickets.com/event/34208 or at the door.
• Nebo Philharmonic Orchestra presents "COWBOY UP!" May 17, 7:30 p.m. American Leadership Academy, 1172 S. Del Monte, Spanish Fork. Cost: $5/$3 seniors/students, at the door.<
• Broden and Jennifer Steed Pemberton Benefit Concert, May 17, 4-8 p.m., SilverLake Amphitheater, 7920 N. SilverLake Parkway, Eagle Mountain. Features Peter Breinholt and J. Marc Bailey. Proceeds go to the Pemberton family. Includes activities, food vendors and a silent auction. Cost: $10/$5 for ages 5-11. Call 616-3431.
Museums and exhibits:
• The Da Vinci Experience, an international traveling exhibit based on Leonardo da Vinci's paintings and inventions, at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum on the second floor at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based da Vinci's sketches. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m., Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.. Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.