Monday, May 12
• Springville Museum of Art Annual Member and Volunteer Spring Recruitment Brunch, 11:30 a.m., May 14 at the museum, 126 E. 400 South. This year's theme is "Celebrate the Island Style," with a luau and entertainment. Open to those interested in volunteering. Call 489-2727 or e-mail [email protected]
• Maxed Out Puppetry, 7 p.m., Storytelling wing, Orem City Library, 58 N. State. A perennial favorite with comedy, suspense and delight. Free.
• Family Night at the Farm, 6-8 p.m. at Farm Country,Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: bird feeders. Cost: $3.50. Call 592-9120.
• Museum Mondays at the Museum of Ancient Life, 5-7 p.m., Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Tonight's theme: winged wonders. Cost: $10/$8. Call 766-5013.
Tuesday May 13
• Women's Health Clinic today and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Utah County Health and Justice Building, 151 S. University Ave, Provo, for women 40-64. Free breast exams, pap smears and skin cancer screenings. Fasting cholesterol tests offered by appointment for $23. Call 851-7031. The Women's Clinic is on the first floor.
• Ready to Learn, KBYU workshop for parents is the Spanish Fork Macey's Little Theatre class at 7 p.m. Call 422-8488 to register. Free.
• Slow and Easy Does It, Maceys Little Theatre Kitchen class, 1400 N. State, at 7 p.m. Crock pot recipes including slow cooked chicken. Call 356-3216. Free.
Wednesday, May 14
• Utah County Birders monthly meeting, 7 p.m., Rock Canyon amphitheater. Merrill Webb will lead a bird walk in Rock Canyon. For those participating in the 2008 birding challenge, this fulfills one of the Utah Trails requirements. Additional information available at the birders Web site: www.utahbirds.org/ucb/index.html. Free.
• Dip Into May is the topic of tonight's 7 p.m. Little Theatre Kitchen class at the Spanish Fork Maceys, 187 E. 1000 North. Call 798-9803. Free.
• "The Miracle Worker" through May 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600. (See review online: deseretnews.com).
• "Cinderlla's Waltz Right Inn," through June 16, at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday) at the Valley Center Playhouse, 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 student, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• Mahonri Stuart's "Swallow The Sun," May 16-17, 19, 23-24 at 7:30 p.m. with 2:30 p.m. matinees on May 17 and 24 at the Provo Theatre Company, 105 E. 100 North, Provo. A world premier on the early life of C.S. Lewis. Cost: $10/$8 students and seniors. Call 830-4553 or www.newplayproject.org/tickets.
• "The Mikado" by Gilbert & Sullivan," May 16-June 7 at 7:30 p.m. (Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays), at the Center Street Musical Theater, 177 W. Center, Provo Cost: $10/$8 for seniors, students and children. Monday Night Family Show Pass is $45 (immediate family only please) Family Home Evening groups are welcome. Please call for group pricing. Dinner, optional, is an additional $10 per person, served at 6:30pm. Call 373-4485.
• "Robin Hood, the Musical," May 26-31 at 7:30 p.m. at the Castle Amphitheatre in Provo. Presented by The Lockwood Repertory Company, featuring a pre-show by the King's Players. Cost: $9/$8 students/$7 for seniors and children. Tickets may be reserved by calling 801-372-1644 or reserve online at emersonsmith.org
• A benefit concert will be held for Camp Kesem BYU, a camp for kids whose parents have cancer, May 17 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium at the Tahitian Noni International Visitor Center & Gardens, 333 W. River Woods Drive (in the River Woods Business Park). Features: Debra Fotheringham, Bentley Murdock, and The Canyon View Jr. High Choir. Cost: $5 purchased online at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/34208 or by calling 801-734-9313. Tickets will also be sold at the door check and cash only.
• The Chauntenette Women's Chorus presents "A Kaleidoscope of Song," May 16 at 7 p.m. at the American Fork Tabernacle, 110 E. Main. The is a precurser to their San Diego tour in June. Call 785-3029. Free.
• Nebo Philharmonic Orchestra presents "COWBOY UP!" Saturday May 17, 7:30 p.m. American Leadership Academy, 1172 S. Del Monte, Spanish Fork. Cost: $5/$3 for seniors/students at the door.
• Broden and Jennifer Steed Pemberton Benefit Concert, May 17, 4 to 8 p.m. at the SilverLake Amphitheater, 7920 N. SilverLake Parkway, Eagle Mountain. The co features Peter Breinholt and J. Marc Bailey. Proceed go directly to the Pemberton family. The event includes acctivites, food vendors and a silent auction. Cost: $10/$5 for ages 5 to 11. Call 616-3431.
• American Fork Children's Choir Spring Concret, May 19 at 6:30 p.m. at the Historic City Hall, 31 N. Church Street. Free.
Museums and exhibits:
• The Da Vinci Experience, an international traveling exhibit based on Leonardo da Vinci's paintings and inventions, at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall now through Oct. 4. The exhibit features working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. Free entry is offered to teachers. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. The museum is on the second floor of the University Mall in Orem in the southeast corner. Open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• His and Hers Exhibit through May 30 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Featuring the art of husband and wife artists. Hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016 or visit www. TerraNovaGallery.com.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26, 2008. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least a week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180. Free.
• "Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting" exhibit featuring 84 paintings and drawings by the artist, through July 27. Also "84th Annual Spring Salon" through July 6. Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3 to 6. Closed Mondays and holidays. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m., Cheap Thrills presented by the workshop performance group every Tuesday at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Wiseguys Comedy Cafe, corner of Geneva Road and University Parkway behind the Chevron station. Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. This week featuring comedy hypnosis. Cost: $10. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.