1 of 4
Alex Gallardo, Associated Press
Anaheim police Lt. Julian Harvey speaks at the podium before several police chiefs for a news conference to announce the arrest of Itzcoatl Ocampo as the serial killer of four homeless men, the latest Friday night, where Ocampo was caught in Anaheim, Calif., Saturday, Jan. 14, 2012.

ANAHEIM, Calif. — A Southern California police official says investigators are "extremely confident" a man in their custody is responsible for all four recent killings of homeless men in Orange County.

Anaheim Police Chief John Welter said Saturday investigators have tied the killings to 23-year-old Itzcoatl Ocampo of Yorba Linda. Ocampo was detained Friday night after a fourth homeless man was found slain in a fast-food restaurant parking lot.

Authorities say witnesses and bystanders at the crime scene chased Ocampo on foot, and he was captured by an officer who was part of a perimeter.

Three other homeless men have been found stabbed to death in north Orange County since mid-December, and a task force had been looking for a single suspect they believed was responsible.

A phone listing in Ocampo's name rang without an answer, and no one answered the door at two addresses listed in his name.