LOGAN — After a 30-minute lightning delay, the Logan Grizzlies and Mountain View Bruins were set to play. It was a close game all night, ending in a 30-24 Logan victory.

On the first play of the first drive, quarterback Brandon Bingham took the ball 80 yards to give Mountain View a 7–0 lead.

"We need to improve our communication. Part of that includes me," Logan Coach Mike Favero said. "It was a roller-coaster at the start."

Mountain View's offense was a tough match for Logan's defensive line. Running back Bennet Maxwell seemed able to dive through the middle for five to seven yards each carry. Quarterback Brandon Bingham was also able to capitalize for some big gains once the run was established. Bingham's longest pass was a 60-yard toss to senior Keegan Black for a touchdown to give the Bruins the temporary lead of 17–14.

Except for two big plays that combined for 140 yards and two Mountain View touchdowns, the Logan defense held strong.

"Our defense played well," Favero said. "They're growing up before my eyes."

On the line, Logan is young. Caden Anderson, Jaxton Birky and Jacoby Wildman are all sophomores.

On offense, the Grizzlies have a host of weapons. They play two quarterbacks, junior DJ Nelson and sophomore Luke Faulk. Even when Nelson wasn't taking the snaps, he found a way to help his teammates anyway he could, even playing wide receiver.

"They're both good players and we like to utilize both of them," Favero said. "DJ is a triple threat; he can run, throw and even catch. Luke is a pure pocket passer."

Both teams traded scores and clutch plays throughout the game. Nearing the end of the fourth quarter, Mountain View was forced to line up for a field goal. A penalty negated Nathan Pierpont's attempt, so they lined up a second time and Pierpont kicked it through the uprights to tie it at 17–17.

During the second overtime, Logan's Nelson threw a 10-yard pass to John Schmidt to make it 30–24. The celebration soon ended as the point after was blocked by the Bruin line.

In the end, Logan's defense came up big when it needed to. In the second and final overtime, Grizzlies junior Austin Rice provided the initial hit to knock a ball loose and Devin Cannon recovered the fumble to secure the Grizzlies' victory.

"Champions find a way to win," said Favero. "It was good to get a close game. We hung in there and did what we had to do."