SALT LAKE CITY — Two LDS missionaries — one from Utah County and another from Nevada — died sometime Friday night at their apartment in Romania.
Elder McKay Choy Burrows, 20, of Highland, and Elder Jace Edwards Davis, 20, of Logandale, Nev., died from accidental natural gas asphyxiation due to a gas leak in their apartment, said Scott Trotter, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The missionaries were serving in the church's Romania Bucharest Mission.
Burrows, an honor roll student at Lone Peak High, graduated in 2008 and attended one year at BYU before leaving for his mission last June. He arrived in Romania in August. Both families were notified by church leaders.
"We extend our love and sympathy to the elders' families and friends," Trotter said. "We pray that the Spirit of the Lord will bring them peace and comfort at this difficult time."
e-mail: [email protected]