1 of 2
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret Newsdeseret News Archives

The Joseph F. Smith Memorial Building was razed in 1962 as part of the church's administration building project. The building was home to the church genealogical library from 1934 to 1962, when the library was moved to a vacated department store. The library became part of the Church Office Building, left, upon its completion in 1972 where the Joseph F. Smith Memorial Building once stood. The library remained in that location until 1985, when it was moved to its current location across from Temple Square on West Temple.