• SeaWorld San Diego's Shamu's Worlds of Discovery Tour, 2:30-4:30 p.m., Family First Home and Business Loan Center, corner of 1200 South and State Street, Orem. Meet some of SeaWorld's fascinating animals and learn about environmental stewardship. Includes a live animal presentation, question and answer opportunity. Free.
• Kachinas of the Southwest exhibit opens at The Museum of Peoples and Cultures, 105 Allen Hall, Brigham Young University campus, Provo. Includes 40 carved and painted dolls and related artifacts. Call 422-0020. Free.
• Laptime with Julia Olsen at 10 a.m. Storytime with Julie Edholm at 10:30 a.m., storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
• Resonance Theatre Series: Tales of Respect. Enjoy stories of different character traits with drumming, music, theatre and audience participation. Storytelling wing, 7 p.m., Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
Thursday, April 24
• "Bon Voyage" concert presented by the Brigham Young University Singers, 7:30 p.m., de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus, Provo. Free.
• Laptime with Lori Bonner at 10 a.m. Storytime with Kathy Adams & Cindy Taylor at 10:30 a.m., storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
• Teen Book Group and BookEnders at 7 p.m., Pleasant Grove Library, 30 E. Center, Pleasant Grove. Free.
• Home maintenance class at 6:30 p.m. at Habitat ReStore, 626 North Freedom Blvd., Provo. The class is part of a five-session course offered by Habitat for Humanity of Utah County. Topics: interior painting/interior wall repair, leaky roof repair, home warranty information. Free.
Friday, April 25
• Little Bee Craft Boutique, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., McKay Events Center, Utah Valley State College campus, Orem. Cost: $.50. See: www.littlebeecraft.com
• Unplugged: Singer/Songwriter Pat Arp. Acoustic music. Storytelling Wing, 7 p.m., Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
• Habitat ReStore Birthday Party, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday; cake cutting at 11 a.m. Saturday., 626 N. Freedom Blvd., Provo. Free popcorn and balloons.
Saturday, April 26
• Baby Animal Party, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., Farm Country, Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Birthday cake included with entry fee. Cost: $3.50 adults, 2-under free.
• World Tai-Chi Day will be celebrated from noon to 1:15 p.m. in the courtyard of the Joseph F. Smith building, Brigham Young University campus in Provo. All ages and abilities are welcome. See: www.worldtaichiday.com or call John Garrett at 836-2825.
• Draw Upon the Imagination: Brett Helquist. "A Series of Unfortunate Events" illustrator will discuss his work. Storytelling wing, 11 a.m., Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
• The Day of the Child is April 30, but the Orem City Library is celebrating children and the literature written for them a bit early. Festivities begin with a pinata at noon and music at 12:15 p.m. Stories and puppet shows in English and Spanish will follow until 2 p.m. Storytelling wing of the library, 58 N. State. Free.