Sixteen new patents were awarded to Utah inventors on March 25:
• Integrated fog-free mirror and weather station. Jeffrey E. Gillette, Orem. Assigned to Jeffrey E. Gillette, Orem. Filed July 6, a divisional of Patent No. 7,305,876, filed Aug. 26, 2005. Patent No. 7,347,091.
• Braze material for an attack tool. David R. Hall, Ronald Crockett, Jeff Jepson, all of Provo. Filed Jan. 29, 2007, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,347,292.
• Ice screw having breakaway or flexing crank handle. William R. Belcourt, Salt Lake City; Charles G. Brainerd, Sandy. Assigned to Black Diamond Equipment Inc., Salt Lake City. Filed Sept. 11, 2003. Patent No. 7,347,403.
• Inflatable airbag with overlapping chamber. Terry A. Wheelwright, Morgan. Assigned to Autoliv ASP Inc., Ogden. Filed May 6, 2004. Patent No. 7,347,444.
• Inflator device for airbag installations. Bradley W. Smith, Guy R. Letendre, both of Ogden; Michael P. Jordan, South Weber; D. Lynn Dinsdale, Far West. Assigned to Autoliv ASP Inc., Ogden. Filed Oct. 19, 2004. Patent No. 7,347,448.
• Airbag cushion with cinch tube for reduced out-of-position effects. Jeffrey D. Williams, Roy; Larry D. Rose, Michael P. Jordan, both of South Weber; Bradley W. Smith, Patrick D. Jamison, both of Ogden. Assigned to Autoliv ASP Inc., Ogden. Filed Oct. 6, 2004. Patent No. 7,347,450.
• Locking luer fitting. Guy T. Rome, West Valley; Sandra J. Rome, Taylorsville. Assigned to C. R. Bard Inc., Murray Hill, N.J. Filed Jan. 14, 2005. Patent No. 7,347,458.
• Rapid switching slit scan image capture system. Donald Charles Grove, Layton. Assigned to Bausch & Lomb Inc., Rochester, N.Y. Filed Dec. 10, 2003. Patent No. 7,347,549.
• Safety shield for medical needles. David L. Thorne, Kaysville; F. Mark Ferguson, Donald D. Solomon, both of Salt Lake City. Assigned to Specialized Health Products Inc., Bountiful. Filed Nov. 22, 2005, a divisional of Patent No. 6,997,902, filed Nov. 13, 2003. Patent No. 7,347,842.
• Catheter with removable extension. Attilio E. DiFiore, Taylorsville; Guy Rome, West Valley. Assigned to C.R. Bard Inc., Murray Hill, N.J. Filed Nov. 12, 2004, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,347,853.
• Substituted bicyclic heterocycles, process for their preparation and their use as antiobesity and hypocholesterolemic agents. Shivaramayya Kalchar, Taipei, Taiwan; Ashok Channaveerappa Bajji, Salt Lake City; Braj Bhushan Lohray, Vidya Bhushan Lohray, Ranga Madhavan Gurram, Ramanujam Rajagopalan, Chakrabarti Ranjan, all of Hyderabad, India. Assigned to Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd., Dr. Reddy's Research Foundation, both of Hyderabad, India. Filed April 25, 2000. Patent No. 7,348,426.
• System and method to remove light from cladding. Jesse Anderegg, Layton; Stephen John Brosnan, San Pedro, Calif.; Peter Anthony Thielen, Cerritos, Calif. Assigned to Northrop Grumman Corp., Los Angeles, Calif. Filed March 16, 2006. Patent No. 7,349,596.
• Iontophoretic drug delivery systems. Ashok V. Joshi, Salt Lake City. Assigned to Ceramatel Inc., Salt Lake City. Filed Nov. 2, 2001. Patent No. 7,349,733.
• System and method for record and playback of collaborative communications session. Todd Vernon, Lafayette, Colo.; Dan Jones, Niwot, Colo.; David Bradley Rust, Park City. Assigned to InterCall Inc., Omaha, Neb. Filed May 26, 2005. Patent No. 7,349,944.
• Component for alarm system. Lee Von Gunten, West Jordan. Filed June 1, 2006. Design Patent No. D564,927.• Amplifier case. James W. Wilson, St. George. Assigned to Wilson Electronics Inc., St. George. Filed Aug. 29, 2006. Design Patent No. D565,021.
Karl R. Cannon is a Registered Patent Attorney and a founding shareholder in the Salt Lake area law firm of Clayton, Howarth & Cannon P.C., specialists in patent, trademark and copyright law. He may be contacted at 801-255-5335 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies of patents are available by mail for $3 each from U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Box 9 (Copy Sales), Washington, DC 20231; by credit card via telephone 703-308-9726 or toll free 800-972-6382; facsimile 703-305-8759; or e-mail email@example.com. Patents can also be viewed and printed free of charge from several Internet sites, including www.uspto.gov or www.delphion.com.