• Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point Discovery Gardens in Lehi continues through April 26. Cost: $10/$6 children (3-12). Includes 250,000 blooming tulips plus performances by musicians, artists and bagpipe players on Friday and Saturday. Call 768-4900. See www.thanksgivingpoint.com for details.
• Pumberly Pott's Unpredictable Niece and other Perfectly Penned Poems for Families. Poems by Jack Prelutsky and others featured in this night of family friendly poetry to celebrate National Poetry Month. Storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State, 7p.m. Free.
Tuesday, April 22
• "Wizard of Oz," 7 p.m. April 22-24; 4 p.m. matinee and 7:30 p.m., April 25, Ragan Theater, Sorensen Student Center, Utah Valley State College campus, Orem. Cost: $5. Performances by Center Stage Youth Performers of Pleasant Grove. See www.plgrove.org/stage.
• Cheap Thrills presented by the Thrillionaires workshop performance group , 8 p.m., Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Call 852-7007 or see www.coveycenter.org.
• Laptime with Laurie Payne at 10 a.m. Storytime with Darla Baker at 10:30 a.m., storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State, 7p.m. Free.
• Women in Film Festival: "Coal Miner's Daughter" (1980). Media Auditorium, 6:30 p.m., storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
• The Truth About Cancer. A follow-up program to the PBS program. Ask questions and learn about the latest research, community support services and quality of life issues from an expert panel comprised of researchers and cancer survivors. Storytelling wing, 7 p.m., Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
Wednesday, April 23
• SeaWorld San Diego's Shamu's Worlds of Discovery Tour, 2:30-4:30 p.m., April 23, Family First Home and Business Loan Center, corner of 1200 South and State Street, Orem. Meet some of SeaWorld's fascinating animals and learn about environmental stewardship. Includes a live animal presentation, question and answer opportunity. Free.
• "Kachinas of the Southwest" exhibit opens at the Museum of Peoples and Cultures, 105 Allen Hall, Brigham Young University campus, Provo. Includes 40 carved and painted dolls and related artifacts. Call 422-0020. Free.
• Laptime with Julia Olsen at 10 a.m. Storytime with Julie Edholm at 10:30a.m., storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
• Resonance Theatre Series: Tales of Respect. Enjoy stories of different character traits with drumming, music, theater and audience participation. Storytelling wing, 7 p.m., Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
• Pregnant Women Pain Management Workshop. Dr. Christopher Duncan will conduct. Pregnant women and their spouses are invited at 7:30 p.m., Align Rehab & Wellness Center, 2230 N. University Parkway Suite #6B in Provo. Free.
• MultiLing 20th Anniversary Celebration and Open House, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., cultural dance presentation at 11:45 a.m., World's Fair presentations by high school students, 86 N. University Ave., third floor, Provo. Free.
• "Stones" through April 26 at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the Little Theatre at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. Call 852-7007 or see www.coveycenter.org. (See review online: deseretnews.com.)
• "Smokey Joe's Cafe" through April 26 at 7:30 p.m. (Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday), at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem. Cost: $12/$10 children, seniors, students. Call 225-2569. (See review online: deseretnews.com.)
• "The Miracle Worker" through May 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600. (See review online: deseretnews.com.)