• "Pirates of Penzance" through May 3 at 7:30 p.m. (Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays) at the Center Street Musical Theater, 177 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/$8 seniors, students and children. Monday night family pass/$45. Dinner an additional $10. Call 373-4485.
• "The Rivals" through May 5 at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday) at the Valley Center Playhouse, 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 student, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• "Stones" through April 26 at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the Little Theatre at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. Call 852-7007 or see: www.coveycenter.org.
• "Smokey Joe's Cafe" through April 26 at 7:30 p.m. (Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday), at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem. Cost: $12/$10 children, seniors, students. Call 225-2569.
• "The Miracle Worker" through May 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600.
• "Salute to Youth" American Fork Symphony concert, 7:30 p.m., April 28, American Fork High School, 510 N. 600 East. Cost: $3/$10 family, See: www.americanforksymphony.com
Monday, April 21
• Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point Discovery Gardens in Lehi continues through April 26. Cost: $10/$6 children (3-12). Includes 250,000 blooming tulips plus performances by musicians, artists and bagpipe players on Friday and Saturday. Call 768-4900. See: www.thanksgivingpoint.com for details.
• Pumberly Pott's Unpredictable Niece and other Perfectly Penned Poems for Families. Poems by Jack Prelutsky and others featured in this night of family friendly poetry to celebrate National Poetry Month. Storytelling Wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State, 7p.m. Free.
Tuesday, April 22
• Wizard of Oz, 7 p.m. April 22-24; 4 p.m. matinee and 7:30 p.m., April 25, Ragan Theater, Sorensen Student Center, Utah Valley State College campus, Orem,. Cost: $5. Performances by Center Stage Youth Performers of Pleasant Grove. See: www.plgrove.org/stage.
• Cheap Thrills presented by the Thrillionaires workshop performance group , 8 p.m., Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Call 852-7007 or see: www.coveycenter.org.
• Laptime with Laurie Payne at 10 a.m. Storytime with Darla Baker at 10:30 a.m., storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State, 7p.m. Free.
• Women in Film Festival: Coal Miner's Daughter (1980). Media Auditorium, 6:30pm., Storytelling Wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
• The Truth About Cancer. A follow-up program to the PBS program. Ask questions and learn about the latest research, community support services, and quality of life issues from an expert panel comprised of researchers and cancer survivors. Storytelling Wing, 7 p.m., Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
Wednesday, April 23
• SeaWorld San Diego's Shamu's Worlds of Discovery Tour, 2:30-4:30 p.m., April 23, Family First Home and Business Loan Center, corner of 1200 South and State Street, Orem. Meet some of SeaWorld's fascinating animals and learn about environmental stewardship. Includes a live animal presentation, question and answer opportunity. Free.
• Kachinas of the Southwest exhibit opens at The Museum of Peoples and Cultures, 105 Allen Hall, Brigham Young University campus, Provo. Includes 40 carved and painted dolls and related artifacts. Call 422-0020. Free.
• Laptime with Julia Olsen at 10 a.m. Storytime with Julie Edholm at 10:30a.m., storytelling wing, Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
• Resonance Theatre Series: Tales of Respect. Enjoy stories of different character traits with drumming, music, theatre and audience participation. Storytelling Wing, 7 p.m., Orem Public Library, 58 N. State. Free.
Museums and exhibits:
• Letter Perfect: Utah Calligraphic Artists Association exhibit through April 25 at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Features art by 40 calligraphic artists. Hours: Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free.
• His and Hers Exhibit through May 30 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Featuring the art of husband and wife artists. Hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016 or visit www.TerraNovaGallery.com.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26, 2008. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least a week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180. Free.
• Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3 to 6. Closed Mondays and holidays. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m. at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Johnny B's Comedy Club, Bleachers Sports Grill, 2255 N. University Parkway, Provo. Shows Friday and Saturday at 9 p.m. Tickets are $8. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.