Nineteen new patents were awarded to Utah inventors on Feb. 26. They are:
• Rack support assembly for an ATV. David W. Turner, Orangeville. Filed Nov. 1, 2004. Patent No. 7,334,713.
• Wide angle scanner for panoramic display. Allen H. Tanner, Sandy; Harry Streid, Robert R. Christensen, both of Salt Lake City. Assigned to Evans & Sutherland Computer Corp., Salt Lake City. Filed March 28,2005, a continuation-in-part of Patent No. 6,871,958, filed Aug. 18, 2003. Patent No. 7,334,902.
• Multiple function airway adapter. Leslie E. Mace, Mercer Island, Wash.; Lawrence L. Labuda, Coupeville, Wash.; Perry R. Blazewicz, Tacoma, Wash.; David R.. Rich, Glastonbury, Conn.; Michael B. Jaffe, Cheshire, Conn.; Joseph A. Orr, Park City; Scott A. Kofoed, Bountiful. Assigned to NTC Technology Inc., Murrysville, Pa. Filed April 24, 2001, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,335,164.
• Ion transport membrane module and vessel system. Phillip Andrew Armstrong, Orefield, Pa.; Harold W. Wahle, North Canton, Ohio; Keith Gerard Rackers, Louisville, Ohio; James Erik Blake, Uniontown, Ohio; Rene Hendrik Elias van Doorn, Obersulm-Willsbach, Del.; Merrill Anderson Wilson, West Jordan; Theodore R. Ohrn, Kurt E. Kneidel, both of Alliance, Ohio; VanEric Edward Stein, Michael Francis Carolan, Christopher M. Chen, Shankar Nataraj, all of Allentown, Pa. Assigned to Air Products and Chemicals Inc., Allentown, Pa. Filed Jan. 29, 2007, a divisional of Patent No. 7,179,323, filed Aug. 6, 2003. Patent No. 7,335,247.
• Active air removal from an extracorporeal blood circuit. Robert W. Olsen, Plymouth, Minn.; Walter L. Carpenter, Minneapolis, Minn.; John B. Dickey, Woods Cross; Mark D. Stringham, Salt Lake City. Assigned to Medtronic Inc.., Minneapolis, Minn. Filed Dec. 22, 2003, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,335,334.
• Multi-layer barrier preventing wood pest access to wooden structures. Peter Van Voris, Richland, Wash.; Dominic A. Cataldo, Kennewick, Wash.; Frederick G. Burton, Stansbury Park. Assigned to Battelle Memorial Institute K1-53, Richland, Wash. Filed July 13, 2004, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,335,374.
• TSG101-GAG interaction and use thereof. Kenton Zavitz, Scott Morham, Daniel Albert Wettstein, all of Salt Lake City. Assigned to Myriad Genetics Inc., Salt Lake City. Filed Sept. 15, 2003, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,335,468.
• Substituted tricyclic compounds as protein kinase inhibitors. David J. Bearss, Cedar Hills; Hariprasad Vankayalapati, Salt Lake City; Laurence H. Hurley, Daruka Mahadevan, Sridevi Bashyam, Steven L. Warner, all of Tucson, Ariz. Assigned to Arizona Board of Regents on Behalf of the University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz.; Montigen Pharmaceuticals Inc., Salt Lake City. Filed March 29, 2005, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,335,662.
• Brass instrument. Sheryl Laukat, Tevis Laukat, both of Sandy. Assigned to Cannonball Musical Instruments, Sandy. Filed Dec. 16, 2005, claiming priority to provisional patent Application No. 60/636,571, filed Dec. 16, 2004. Patent No. 7,335,831.
• Air-gap switch. Roger T. Johnsen, Salt Lake City; Richard C. Hedderich, James K. Russell, both of Sandy. Assigned to Control4 Corp., Draper. Filed Feb. 23, 2005, claiming priority to provisional patent Application No.. 60/547,669, filed Feb. 24, 2004. Patent No. 7,335,845.
• Device and method for dimming service loads. James K. Russell, Sandy; Walter Barnum, Salt Lake City. Assigned to Control4 Corp., Draper. Filed Sept. 9, 2005. Patent No. 7,336,463.
• Fetal heart rate electrode assembly, connector for same, cable assembly, system, and methods of use. Wm Dean Wallace, Salt Lake City; Richard A. Dixon, Bountiful; Christopher A. Cutler, Centerville; Steven R. Smith, Draper.. Assigned to Clinical Innovations LLC, Lake Forest, Ill. Filed Sept. 30, 2004, claiming priority to provisional patent Application No. 60/508,928, filed Oct. 2, 2003. Patent No. 7,336,985.
• Sensor baseline compensation in a force-based touch
device. David A. Soss, Salt Lake City. Assigned to QSI Corp., Salt Lake City. Filed April 11, 2006, claiming priority to multiple prior patent applications. Patent No. 7,337,085.
• Combining process for use in sending trick-mode video streams with a high performance. Jahan Shan Fakharzadeh, Park City. Assigned to Unisys Corp., Blue Bell, Pa., May 7, 2002. Patent No. 7,337,460.
• Eyeglass display. Bruce Raile, Park City. Assigned to Sun Optics Inc., Salt Lake City. Filed Dec. 8, 2006. Design Patent No. D562,591.
• Container closure. Steven L. Sweeton, Lake Winnebego, Mo.; David L. Dejong, Ogden; Robert J. Good, Lee's Summit, Mo. Assigned to Meadwestvaco Calmar Inc., Grandview, Mo. Filed Dec. 21, 2006. Design Patent No. D562,683.
• Trumpet component. Sheryl Laukat, Tevis Laukat, both of Sandy. Assigned to Cannonball Musical Instruments, Sandy. Filed Dec. 16, 2004. Design Patent No. D562,878.
• Gravity propelled seat-carrying board supported by ground-engaging wheels. Merrill Oveson, Richard M. Oveson, both of Orem. Filed Aug. 21, 2006. Design Patent No. D562,914.• Paint stirrer. David A. Yovanovich, Salt Lake City. Filed Sept. 2, 2005. Design Patent No. D563,069.
Karl R. Cannon is a registered patent attorney and a founding shareholder in the Salt Lake area law firm of Clayton, Howarth & Cannon P.C., specialists in patent, trademark and copyright law. He may be contacted at 801-255-5335 or by e-mail at kcannonchcpat.com. Copies of patents are available by mail for $3 each from U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Box 9 (Copy Sales), Washington, DC 20231; by credit card via telephone 703-308-9726 or toll free 800-972-6382; facsimile 703-305-8759; or e-mail [email protected]. Patents can also be viewed and printed free of charge from several Internet sites, including www.uspto.gov or www.delphion.com.