• Construction on the Logan institute building began in 1928 and was completed in March 1929. President Heber J. Grant dedicated the building on March 31, 1929. The initial building consisted of a library, lounge, chapel and classrooms.
• In 1938, a large ballroom, game room, two service kitchens and an apartment to house the institute director were added.
• An addition in 1960 doubled the size of the building and featured a second chapel, six classrooms, an expanded cultural hall and office space.
• In 1977, a project that added a library, student lounge and instructors' offices was completed. The lounge was named in honor of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
• In 1990, the addition of a southeast wing, which included six more classrooms and offices for bishops and stake presidents, was finalized.
• A full-size gymnasium was added in 1994.
Source and photos: Logan LDS Institute of Religion