OREM — In the past two days, Orem police officers have arrested two men in connection with two alleged rapes.

Police say the circumstances of each alleged crime differ greatly.

In Monday's arrest, police say an 18-year-old girl told them she was invited to meet a group of men on a blind date at a business in Orem in late February, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed in 4th District Court.

Once she arrived, the man and his three family members gave her alcohol, cocaine and methamphetamines, police said. After the girl was intoxicated, the men sexually assaulted and raped her multiple times that night, according to the affidavit.

The woman was able to identify one of the men Monday. When confronted by police, he lied about his name and date of birth. There was a warrant for his arrest, according to the affidavit.

He was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of rape, aggravated sexual assault, giving false information to police and supplying alcohol to a minor. He's being held on $50,000 cash-only bail.

Police also report that a 15-year-old Orem girl awoke Sunday night to find her clothes off and a man on top of her as she lay in a bed she shared with her 4-year-old sister.

The girl recognized the 26-year-old man as a neighbor and friend of her older brother. When she asked what he was doing, he jumped off and ran out of the room, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed in 4th District Court.

The victim then got her mother who called police.

"Officers arrived to find the poor victim wrapped in a blanket and curled up in a fetal position on a couch next to her mother," said Orem Police Lt. Doug Edwards. "She was crying and very upset."

The girl gave police the man's name and described what he had been wearing, giving specific details, including the fact that the man's shirt had horizontal white stripes.

Police determined that the man had entered and left the home through an unlocked door, Edwards said.

A medical examination was done on the victim, Edwards said, who is still having a hard time dealing with the incident.

"It's a harrowing thing to have happen in your home where you expect to be safe," he said.

Following up on the victim's description, officers contacted the man at his house early Sunday morning, where the man's mother thought he was asleep on a couch downstairs.

The man came upstairs and told police he had been drinking at a bar and had returned about two hours before the police arrived at the house, Edwards said.

Officers told the man, who appeared to be intoxicated, that he would need to get dressed and come with them for questioning, Edwards said. The clothing the man grabbed included a shirt with white horizontal stripes.

The police officer also noticed that the man's shoes were wet from snow, which had started falling less than 10 minutes before the 911 call came in about the reported attack.

The man went with officers, but wasn't forthcoming with information, Edwards said, and was soon after booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of burglary and rape. He is being held on a $25,000 cash-only bail.

E-mail: [email protected]