• "She Loves Me" through April 5 at 7:30 p.m. Saturday matinees March 15, 22 and 29 at 3:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600.
• "Pirates of Penzance" through March 24 at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Saturday and Monday at Valley Center Playhouse, 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 seniors, students and children, $25/family. Call 785-1186.
• "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" through March 22 at 7:30 p.m. at the Center Street Musical Theatre, 177 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/$8 children, students, seniors. Family pass/$45. Dinner at 6:30 p.m. for additional $10/$5 children 11-under. Reservations required. Matinees March 15, 22 at 11 a.m. Matinees: $9/$7/$5 family pass. Belgian waffle breakfast at 10 a.m. for additional $5. Call 373-4485.
• "On Golden Pond," March 7 -24 at 7:30 p.m. with Saturday matinees March 15 and 22 at 3 p.m. at the Keith Christeson Little Theater on the first floor of the Pleasant Grove Library, 30 E. Center, Pleasant Grove. Cost: $7/$6 students, seniors, $25/family. Matinees are $6/$5/$20. Call 785-5045.
• "Come Back, Amelia Bedelia," March 10-29 at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Monday with Saturday matinee at 2 p.m. Cost: $6/$4 children, senior and students. School matinees will be Monday through Friday at 10 a.m. Cost: $2 per student. SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State Orem. Call 225-2569.
• NEW!" Summer and Smoke," by Tennessee Williams, March 20-22, 24-29 at 7:30 p.m., Black Box Theater, Utah Valley State College, Orem campus. Cost: $10/$8 employees, children, seniors/$6 students. Call 863-8797.
HEAR THE BEAT
• Benton Paul in concert, March 6 at 7:30 p.m., Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo Cost: $10. Call 852-7007.
• American Onstage Kick-Off Classic, March 7 from 2-10 p.m., March 8 from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. in the Show Barn at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Cost: $4, $3 children. Call 768=4900.
• Big Noise Dixie Boys, at 7:30 p.m. at the Provo Tabernacle, 100 S. University Ave. Big Noise Dixie Boys is a national award-winning Dixieland Band and is hosting the evening as a reunion for former BYU students and Dixieland musicians. Call Jim Clarke 794-0116. Free.
• Wasatch Winds Winter Concert, March 7 at 7 p.m. in the American Fork High School auditorium, 510 N. 600 East. Cost: $3/$2 students/$10 per family. Tickets at the door.
• BYU Chamber Orchestra, March 8 at 7:30 p.m. in the de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus, Provo. Free.
• Wasatch Chorale in Concert: From Broadway to the Met, March 8 at 7:30 p.m. at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/$8 students and seniors, $30 groups of up to six. Call 852-7007.
• The Alley Cats and Noteworthy in concert, March 7 at 7:30 p.m. at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. The four-member a cappella Alley Catssing contemporary style to tunes of the 1950s and '60s. Noteworthy, an all-female a cappella performing group, will open. Cost: $10. Call 852-7007.
• Evening of Concertos with the BYU Philharmonic Orchestra, March 11 at 7:30 p.m. in the de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU. Featuring winners from the BYU School of Music auditions. Cost: $10/$7 with BYU or student ID. Call 422-4322.
• Utah Valley Symphony Young Artist Concert, March 11-13 at 7:30 p.m. at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10/$8 students and seniors, $25 per family. Call 851-7007.
• U.S. DanceSport Championship, March 13-15 at 7:30 p.m. at the Marriott Center, BYU campus, Provo. Ticket prices vary, call 422-2981.
• Utah Premier Brass in concert, March 14 at 7:30 p.m. at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $7/$5 students, seniors/$15 families. Call 852-7007.
• Jon Schmidt in concert, March 15 at 7 p.m. at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10/$8 children, seniors and students. Call 225-2569.
• Grand Derangement, March 15 at 7:30 p.m. at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center. Grand Derangement is a group from St. Mary's Bay in Nova Scotia whose style is influenced by Acadian folk music. Cost: $10. Call 852-7007.
• Stonecircle in concert, March 19 at 7:30 p.m. at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem. A five-piece Celtic-fusion band. Cost: $5 general admission. Call 225-2569.
• Calvary Baptist Church Choir, March 22 at 7 p.m. at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10/$8 for children, students and seniors. Call 225-2569.
CHECK IT OUT
• Earl Duerden: Earth Elements, March 7-28 in the art gallery at the Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Artist's reception March 7 from 6-9 p.m. The art gallery is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free.
• The Utah County Art Gallery will present artwork of the Utah Valley Artists Guild for its March exhibit in the Utah County Health and Justice Building, 151 S. University Ave., Provo, through March 28, Monday through Friday from 8 am. to 5 p.m. Artist reception: Friday, March 7, from 6-9 p.m. as part of the monthly Downtown Provo First Fridays Gallery Stroll. Refreshments. Call 375-8024 or visit www.utahcountyartgallery.com.
• 38th Annual All-State High Schools Utah Art Show, through March 28 at the Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South. Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 3-8 p.m. closed Mondays and holidays. Free.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, which must be arranged at least a week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org Call 768-7180. Free.
• Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesdays and Thursdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sundays from 3 to 6. Closed Mondays and holidays. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
WHERE TO GO
Thursday, March 6
• Child Safety is the topic of the 7 p.m. Spanish Fork Macey's Little Theatre class, 187 E. 1000 North. Chris Cope, radKIDS instructor, will discuss keeping little ones safe. A parent must be present. The class is for ages 3-12. Call 798-9803. Free.
• Pillsbury Bake-Off is the topic of the 7 p.m. Pleasant Grove Macey's Little Theatre class, 931 W. State. DeAnn Hilterbrand, 2006 Bake-Off finalist, serves her winning Chicken Mole Pobiano entry. Call 796-6601. Free.
Saturday, March 8
• Utah ValleyPersonal Ancestral File Users Group, will meet at 9 a.m. in the LDS "Red" Chapel at 4000 N. Timpview Drive (650 East), Provo. The main presentation will be by Don Anderson on "The Future of Family History Centers." Following the main speaker there will be several sessions for all levels of expertise. Call 225-6106 for more information.
• Kids Science Experiments Day from noon to 2 p.m. at The Center, 222 W. 500 North, Provo. Experiments include Mentos-Coke explosion, lava lamps, making butter, panning for gold, making ice cream, creating a lemon/potato battery and more. Call 852-6632 for information.
• Learn About Filmmaking from filmmaker Julia Acosta at 11 a.m. in the Provo City Library, 550 N. University Ave. For teens grade 7-12 a contest will be held on making a short film. Produce a short film about books, reading or the library and submit it by Saturday, March 22, at 6 p.m. and be entered in a drawing for a Kodak digital camera.
• Junior Paleo Lab, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Cost: $2 for molding and casting; $4 for fossil preparation. Call 766-5013.
Monday, March 10
• Family Night at the Farm, 5-6 p.m. at Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point, Lehi. Tonight's theme is "duckies" and includes crafts and other activities for the whole family. Cost: $3.50.
• Museum Mondays at Thanksgiving Point, from 5-9 p.m. at the Museum of Ancient Life. Tonight's topic is "Animal Life Why Save Endangered Species?" Cost: $10/$8 children.
LAUGH IT UP
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Tuesday at 8 p.m. at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Johnny B's Comedy Club, Bleachers Sports Grill, 2255 N. University Parkway, Provo. Shows Friday and Saturday at 9 p.m. Tickets are $8. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• ComedySportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Prepayment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.