The Brigham Young Academy building was originally finished in 1892. Known as the "education building," it was home to students of Brigham Young Academy (which later became BYU) and Brigham Young High School. It was designed by Brigham Young's son Don Carlos Young and stands on 550 N.
University Ave. in Provo. Brigham Young High School closed in 1968, leaving the building vacant for decades until it was
renovated to house the Provo City Library. After a groundbreaking in July 1999, the building was dedicated in September 2001.