Last year's limerick contest was such fun, we've decided to do it again. To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, we are again looking for fun and original limericks from our readers.
1. Limericks must be in our hands (not still in the mail) by 5 p.m. on March 3. E-mail them to [email protected] or mail them to Limerick Contest, Deseret Morning News, P.O. Box 1257, Salt Lake City, UT 84110. You can also drop them off at our office (and see where the ZCMI Center used to be) at 30 E. 100 South, fourth floor.
2. This year the theme is: Life in the 21st century.
3. Remember, good taste in all things.
4. Submit as many limericks as you want (within reason and please stop before the good ideas run out). Be sure to include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address, if you have one, with each one.
5. The decision of the judges is both arbitrary (we'll pick the ones we like best) and final (don't try to change our minds).
First prize: A $30 gift certificate for Archibald's Restaurant at Gardner Village
Second prize: A coffee-table book on Ireland
Third prize: a CD of Irish songs
Fourth prize: A box of green stuff (Jell-O, pasta, etc.)
Fifth prize: A decorate-it-yourself T-shirt